Post Pic's of your Jeep

craig333

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the compliment. And speaking of the built rigs, I'm constantly amazed by how many people think thats what you must have to go anywhere. Many times I've been told I can't run a trail because I don't have "37" tires and this and that". And I proceed to prove them wrong. Put a good driver in a stock and rig and he'll outperform a poor driver in a built rig any day. Gear helps but if you can't pick a good line forget it.

And that pic was on the Hell Hole trail. Can't see him but my dog is the passenger seat co driving.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Go Cherokee's! Here's a couple shots of my Burple 2dr.

With some new shoes.
3098262661_949e5ab1c2_b.jpg

That5's one good lookin 2dr. I like the Big tires/low lift look. I'm glad it's finaly catching on more and more. Not my favorite color, but I do love those 2 doors.

I just wish XJ's were made a littel tougher because they really are great trucks, mine just didn't last long. I miss the multi-mode T-Case from all of my XJ's because sometimes here in the NW it get's real wet and slimy and I'd like to run in 4wd without tearing up my drive-line... THere are definatly things I miss about my Jeeps, Like the 4.0 with a 5spd behind it, THAT was my favorite XJ. It litteraly just pulled and pulled and never wanted for power. The 22RE with 4.10's and 33's on hte 4Runner now... She's a bit poky to say the least ;)

Like I say, there are definatly things I miss about my Jeeps...and there are things I'm SO glad to be rid of.

Anyway, good looking truck mate.

-DUKEGNARLY: I wondered if you were over here on the Expo... I've been reading your YJ thread since day one and I'm really impressed with what you're doing. You're fab skills are something I aspire to have one of these days eh. Such a nice rig and I LOVE the color choices plus the cage looks fantastic, I love that you were able to use the LJ stuff (the LJ is one of my favorite Jeeps ever). Keep up the good work mate and glad to see you here on the board too, Jeep guy's will definatly benefit from having you here.

Any new updates on your YJ thread??? I lost the link and now I can't find it (it's probably right in front of my face but I'm not finding it...)

Cheers to all

Dave

CMARJEEP

Observer
Deer Valley Trail? I see the frist pic is at the second water crossing. so how was the trail, I like running two or three times a year.

Yup. The trail was great. It was nice to get out of the 107* heat of the Sac Valley and get up to the 75* weather of the mountains. The second water crossing was only about 1' deep. The first crossing was about 3' deep in the middle.

XJeeper

That5's one good lookin 2dr. I like the Big tires/low lift look. I'm glad it's finaly catching on more and more. Not my favorite color, but I do love those 2 doors.

I just wish XJ's were made a littel tougher because they really are great trucks, mine just didn't last long. I miss the multi-mode T-Case from all of my XJ's because sometimes here in the NW it get's real wet and slimy and I'd like to run in 4wd without tearing up my drive-line... THere are definatly things I miss about my Jeeps, Like the 4.0 with a 5spd behind it, THAT was my favorite XJ. It litteraly just pulled and pulled and never wanted for power. The 22RE with 4.10's and 33's on hte 4Runner now... She's a bit poky to say the least ;)

Like I say, there are definatly things I miss about my Jeeps...and there are things I'm SO glad to be rid of.

Anyway, good looking truck mate.

Cheers to all

Dave

Thanks for the complement Dave. The Lapis Blue is a little unusual for a Jeep but is the original paint. We get a lot of enjoyment out of our Burple XJ. While I have built it to be very capable offroad it is a daily driver with 31" ATs and I wouldn't hesitate to head out on a long trip today.
How about a couple pics. from last weekend at SMORR.
3696041892_7838971768_b.jpg

3696042472_0c7c2cc754_b.jpg

And a rundown of the mods. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27860

Bad Hair Day

Observer
my 2000 TJ daily driver has gone from D44's and 37's to 35" geolanders, Nth degree lift, bumpers/ warn winch. this jeep is for sale I'm building a YJ :)
MaxsMemorialDayGorge126.jpg

williamsburg2008052.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

my 83 CJ I just sold with Currie rockjock 60's, 37", TR beadlocks, bumpers, warn winch, TBI 350

harlan608010.jpg

harlan608018.jpg

harlan608020.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010052.jpg

Cheers. See ya on the trail.

Digs

I'll Play

Multi mount Winch
3718366039_9bdcf9ba25.jpg

3718366031_b590ace6ac_m.jpg

3718366021_499dce45cf_m.jpg

The reason for the winch
3719132810_f6e470a192_m.jpg

Last weekend in the Jemez Mountains
3718298425_0188359c95.jpg

Bald Tires soon to be replaced
3719104890_d55c3661d6_m.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Very nice WJ... and great shots..

Please don't take this the wrong way.. but you really need to find a better way to hold that gas can down on your rack. :Wow1: If nothing else, have one strap for the tire and one for the can... not one going around both.

CMARJEEP

Observer
Very nice WJ... and great shots..

Please don't take this the wrong way.. but you really need to find a better way to hold that gas can down on your rack. :Wow1: If nothing else, have one strap for the tire and one for the can... not one going around both.

That was temporary. Its not even my tire. Another guy in my group slashed a tire, didn't have a spare so borrowed one from another guy in our group, and then didn't have any space in his Jeep to put it. So it got thrown up on my rack. Once I got off the trail I emptied the gas can into my tank and put it inside and then used 2 ratchet straps to tie the tire down. I wouldnt drive on the road like that. :D Thanks for the compliments.

Last edited:

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
DSC_0338.jpg

Agreed....nice WJ! Good to see these around here! I read your post about your friend's slashed tire and your empty gas can...since you (or I) don't have a rear bumper with gas can mounts, my suggestion is to use the smaller 2.5 gallon cans over the large 5 gallon ones. Mount them to the rear of your rack and use a super siphon (thank you Expedition Exchange!) to fill your tank. They'll be much lower in profile and so very convenient!

l_37d0f737d6d2ebaae8b7e8783f86cb03.jpg

l_bca8eea85369ff962fc08d21d33264ec.jpg

BTW....I like your brush/grille guard. I need to get me one of those!

Cheers! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman