Snow Peak Addiction

Sawyer

Adventurer
I'm having some fitment issues with my skottle insert.
Can someone give me the inside measurements for a older IGT 4?
Also if anyone has a Skottle insert that fits properly can I get the measurement for it?
Any help would be much appreciated - Thanks

My measurements:
IGT inside width from side to side (small inside ridge) 14 3/16 inches
Skottle insert width 14 5/16 inches
Snow Peak bamboo insert width 14 1/8 inches

I still need to get you the measurements on mine. I ordered one of the early Skottle inserts and it was off in two directions. Jerry was solid, reached out and sent me a replacement on his dime and just asked I send my original back. The replacement is perfect width wise, but the depth is still off about like yours. I never reached back out to Jerry about it. He did his best and I am sure it would have been helpful for him to know. I just decided it is what it is. Although, I will be honest and say from time to time my OCD does dwell on it.

mrsa111

Observer
I'm looking at using two baja burners in my van build, I've been looking for a solution that has a low height (trying to fit my stove on top of my fridge, most of the RV style stoves are too tall and i'd have to size my fridge down more than i want) and can be taken out to cook outside. though most of the time it will stay mounted in my vans kitchen area.

I have a couple questions though.. Running it off of propane, it sounds like it can be done with an adaptor? i'd like to run it off a 10lb propane tank.
Anyone mounted the IGT system in a camper as a semi permanent setup? I'm thinking about using that as my counter top that i can still take out for cooking outside. I'd just like to see how other people have done it.

briferg

Observer
Backcountrygear.com now has some of the IGT stuff in stock and lots others. Looks like REI's agreement with SP has run out?

http://www.backcountrygear.com/snow-peak-gear.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CampSaver has some Snow Peak gear also, but it seems like the only dealer that has IGT product is REI. I didn't see any Iron Grill Tables or inserts legs etc on either Backcountrygear or CampSaver. I did see stoves, grills and fireplaces though.

http://www.campsaver.com/camp-hike/camp-kitchen?brand=51&p=1

Last edited:

MDA

Observer
WTB: BBQ box

Thought I would throw a post in here also. Just looking for a bbq box single or double in good used condition. Looks like a good way to start my addiction!

Quick question, if I don't find one here, how long does it take for Snow Peak USA to usually restock one of these?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Thought I would throw a post in here also. Just looking for a bbq box single or double in good used condition. Looks like a good way to start my addiction!

Quick question, if I don't find one here, how long does it take for Snow Peak USA to usually restock one of these?

Its hard to say with them... I wouldnt hold my breath.... are all of the other sites out of them?

MDA

Observer
Looks like the only site that has stock is Expeditionexchange with the single box. After shipping it is 208.00.

chrys

Observer
MDA, I have a double box that I am planning to sell. It has been used maybe 3-4 times. I just have too many grills... I'm in LA, PM me if interested!

MDA

Observer
Decided to go with a new single box BBQ new from EE. Now looking for a 2 or 3 unit IGT frame only.

Last edited:

MDA

Observer
I'm actually looking for a frame with no legs. I see that REI has the 4 unit frame, but I prefer the 3 unit for easier portability. I was just hoping someone here may want to upgrade to the 4 unit and unload their smaller frames.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior