Snow Run and winch-fest: Prescott 1/13

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
too cool....I am posting on my phone from outside willcox (finally got net access) after testing my emerg gear (look for write up tonight)...and I got to use my winch for clearing a fallen tree off the trail.
I am very much in for this and will join ya'll for a hearty breakfast to ward off the cold!
great idea scott and thanks for letting us join the adventure...
walk back to town huh? tough!

dynamike

Observer
Wow...this sounds like an EXcellent time......
dates just dont work ......Arrggg.....stupid calendar !!!
If anybody was up for the same idea, later in January, I'm there....

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
Scott, I trust your judgement, and I don't expect you'll have many problems given the fact that you'll know your general location and will have a good bug-out bag, but please come back more or less in one piece. Steph would be pissed and I would have to find a new magazine to subscribe to. Please, think about my needs.

CodyLX450

Adventurer
Scott,

I don't have a winch yet, but I would love to see some in action to know how to use them, and also get a better idea of which winch to purchase.

Could I tag along with my Lexus?

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
expeditionswest said:
We will do a trail local to Prescott, and then you guys are going to dump me off in the forest and see if I can survive the night and walk back into town. This will be a test of my new ditch bag for an article in Overland Journal, and sound like fun...
Do you need somebody to drive your vehicle back into town or to your home, or do you already have that covered? No winch for me yet, but this sounds like an awesome adventure! And just in time for a certain someone from these forums to test out the Wilderness First Responder certification if necessary (but hopefully not)!!

Scott Brady

Founder
tacozona said:
Do you need somebody to drive your vehicle back into town or to your home, or do you already have that covered? No winch for me yet, but this sounds like an awesome adventure! And just in time for a certain someone from these forums to test out the Wilderness First Responder certification if necessary (but hopefully not)!!

Jeremy,

That would be sweet! Come on down amigo.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
We did one of those last weekend up here in Colorado. They always start out fun, but man its hard work. The snow drifts were so deep that we only got just over 0.5 miles in about 5 hours. The rest of the time we were shoveling, strapping, winching, more shoveling, winching more, strapping again, etc. - all through the deep snow.

Ended up being good exercise for both me and the winch :) Have fun!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
hey we are coming up for breakfast...
is it the hotel st micheals???

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Thanks gentlemen for a nice day in my back yard...almost literally. We were never more than 11 miles from my house! That proves you don't have to travel far for an adventure. Thanks Scott for letting me pilot your Toyota. What a neat machine. Chris and Scott's collective knowledge is only surpassed by their willingness to share that knowledge. A rare quality.

FJ.jpgView attachment 14259

Thanks again.

Christophe

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Looks like a fun snowy journey :safari-rig:

Anyone receive a spot message from Scott yet? :REOutCampFire03:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan