Summer cottage

beardus supremous

Adventurer
nice build

a fantastic fan
a pvc tube for your rods
and a screened in door in the rear or mosquito tent for more ventilation.

what rivers do you guide on??

You absolutely nailed it on my to do list!! Those three will be installed over the next month as well as other mods: spare tire carrier, front box, Pintle hitch, solar power, redo interior w/ storage and maybe a water tank.

As for rivers, I guide on the Kennebec, Dead, and Penobscot rivers in Maine. And I play on a lot of the smaller creeks.

Septu

Explorer
Couple questions. Other than the vent fan, how was living in it? How long were you guys staying in it? What would you add/change to make it better? Would a slightly bigger trailer make much of a difference (say 5x10 or 6x12)? Just curious as to your thoughts on this.

beardus supremous

Adventurer
Couple questions. Other than the vent fan, how was living in it? How long were you guys staying in it? What would you add/change to make it better? Would a slightly bigger trailer make much of a difference (say 5x10 or 6x12)? Just curious as to your thoughts on this.

Well Septu, living in the trailer was great! I was in it from May until September. I am going to be adding more cabinets in it for kitchen storage. I had most stuff in a tote, and that got to be a bit of a pain every time I wanted to cook. Organization of those items will make a huge difference. I also didn't find it to troublesome to have LED battery operated lights, but for convenience and since I'll have solar, perminant LED lights are going in; as well as an inverter for charging cameras, cell, or laptop.
I'm a fairly simple person, so everything else worked out pretty well. An outside box on the tongue will be installed as well for dirty items (wheel chicks, blocks, straps) and for the battery.
For what I had it for, mostly just sleeping and storing my stuff it was great. I like the size of it for off-road use as well, I didn't want anything to large behind the xj. However, a 5x10 would be nice storage or indoor kitchen. And a 6x12 would be cool because I could stand up in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior