Superu lift kit update

Superu

Explorer
Here's the latest...

Your item left BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA on August 29, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

The first one shipped AU Sea Mail November 2007 never made it, the next one shipped mid summer 2008 went to Slovenia.

This one is actually in the USPS tracking system from AU Post, so I am hopeful we'll see it this fall. :drool:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Superu said:
Here's the latest...

The first one shipped AU Sea Mail November 2007 never made it, the next one shipped mid summer 2008 went to Slovenia.

This one is actually in the USPS tracking system from AU Post, so I am hopeful we'll see it this fall. :drool:

Dang man! We just had a shipment leave AU a few days ago... I'm sure we could have made room for your kit and just shipped it on up to you. I think our shipment is due in Next week some time.

Superu

Explorer
Thanks Wil.

I'll keep you in mind next time I need to get something sent up!

It's just been a series of unfortunate and in some cases unavoidable issues.

The first kit went AU Sea Mail since there was no rush and it was quite a bit cheaper. Unfortunately, it went missing and since it was shipped at the peak of the Christmas rush we waited longer than usual for it to arrive.

Once we finally gave up on it, a second kit was started, but Dave had a month long trek already in the works to Western AU and he came back with a wicked flu further delaying the replacement kit. He got that one shipped out and sent the tracking info.

We tracked it to Slovenia!!! Talk about a mis-route!

Third time's a charm. While the second kit was en route back to AU, Dave set to building a third kit and that's the one I'm currently tracking!

Dave is a straight up decent guy and he's been great through this mildly frustrating situation. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the storm that came through and ripped a huge hole in the roof of his shop while the second kit was being worked! And he broke a couple of fingers when a roo bar/bumper fell on his hand! :Wow1: :oops:

Fortunately, I'm not easily dissuaded and still managed to make several off road beach runs as well as camping trips up north this season.

CCNS%2013.jpg

P8024524.JPG

It'll be nice to get the lift kit in before winter comes though!

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Three times a charm I hope. So I hope those two lost packages were insured so that no one is out money.

Superu

Explorer
Latest update. The tension mounts!

Label/Receipt Number: CP12 4734 114A U

Your item is being processed by United States Customs. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Superu

Explorer
one more hurdle cleared

Your item cleared United States Customs at 8:24 PM on September 2, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.:jumping:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Superu said:

Your item cleared United States Customs at 8:24 PM on September 2, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.:jumping:

jeebus, its about f###ing time...:victory:

Superu

Explorer
Box 1 is in da house!!!

The first box of two arrived and is in the garage as I type!!!

Strut top spacers, blocks, etc.

Second package should be arriving soon with the bolts, steering extension coupler and instructions.

Looks like it's finally gonna happen!

May seem like a lot of excitement over a 2 inch lift, but it's been a long time coming and will wrap up the first evolution of my little Subie. :)

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Superu said:
The first box of two arrived and is in the garage as I type!!!

Strut top spacers, blocks, etc.

Second package should be arriving soon with the bolts, steering extension coupler and instructions.

Looks like it's finally gonna happen!

May seem like a lot of excitement over a 2 inch lift, but it's been a long time coming and will wrap up the first evolution of my little Subie. :)

hey, i've got a Jeep, what most consider a classic, tough offroader, with a HUGE aftermarket and the ability to lift it 10" if i wanted to.....

and all i'm gonna do is a 2.5 inch old man Emu spring lift.

It has a lot to do with the belief that the factory did a great job designing the original product. I figure my LJ unlimited is the product of 50 years of engineering. There's a lot of history there.

some of the toughest offroaders: subaru's, land rovers, jeeps, nissans, toyota's travel the world over, without any lift of any kind. Heck, UN peacekeepers travel every day over road 10x as bad as we have here in the states, in what can be called "factory stock" trucks.

same goes for your subie. its evolved to the point that it is at now, and those 2 inches with make it that much more capable without making it unreliable.

i say good on ya. you have been SO patient!!! i would have said F### it a long time ago.

:clapsmile

laters,
Brian

jim65wagon

I can't wait to see this! Very happy for you that it's starting to work out and I gotta say, you've got patience to no end! I'd have pulled out whats left of my hair by now!

Maddmatt

Explorer
So 20 days later...... those of us living vicariously want some pics!!! Let's see that 2" taller Suby, so I can start explaining the benefits to my wife :bowdown: :bowdown:
-Matt

Superu

Explorer
I would love to show you pics, but...

I'm waiting on package number 2 which holds the steering coupler, all necessary bolts and the detailed subie specific instructions. Should be shipping this week, so I'm hoping by Christmas this will all be in!!!

Superu

Explorer
Second half of shipment is in country!

Your item is being processed by United States Customs. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

The final box of parts is in the country and will hopefully arrive in the next week or so. My goal is to find the time to install the kit by year's end. Will post up pics of the kit components once they're all here as well as before and after shots of the Superu.

If time allows, I'll try to document the entire installation process with pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online