Superu lift kit update

Superu

Explorer
teaser

The barn is almost ready. :)

Here's a shot of the kit components to tide you over until we get started on the install!

Liftkit.jpg

jfarsang

Adventurer
Is it just spacing out the sub frame/lowering strut mounts ?

How much is the kit itself ? :chef:

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
anymore update????

I also have a favor to ask of you Subaru guru's...

Does anyone have a list of links where I can find Lifts, wheels etc for Suabru's??? I've searched the board, but maybe I'm stupid... I couldn't find a good consolidated list of sources to look for these types of things. My friend adn fellow ER tech is about to buy a 99 Scooby and wants to lift it but can't seem to find how to go about doing it. Needless to say i told him I had just the source for answers ;) plus if he goes through with this, I will be helping him and will try to put up a bunch of pics here on teh Expo. So if you could help me out guy's n gals I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Dave

Superu

Explorer
If your friend is buying a Outback then the best bet is subaruoutback.org. If they are buying a Forester then the best bet would be subaruforester.org. And for just general Subaru offroad information they would want to check offroadsubarus.com. I hope this helps.

+1 I would also add ausubaru.com

For lift kits:

Ausubaru aka The Backyard Boys is where I got my kit.

AlliedArmament was making lift kits for Subies up to but not including the 05 MY. They're also an excellent source for all your .50 cal semiauto machine gun needs! :ar15: :Wow1:

ScorpionSubaru also makes them. Scorpion is currently working on a low range gear set for all Outbacks and Fozzies as well.

Springs:

My lift springs are from King Springs.

Skid plates front and rear from Paul Ecklund at Primitive Racing.

Wheels:

Check the classifieds at USMB, the sites listed above and craigslist, crazedlist is also great if you want to search multiple locations. ;)

Tires:

Tire Rack and pretty much any other retailer. Subaruoutback.org will have plenty of posts on tire choices to sift through.

Everything else expedition:

You've already found the best place for input and help on trails, gear, camping, exploring, presidential politics (j/k) :ylsmoke:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Hatari, John E, and of course Superau: All of this absolutely helps... And I knew that if I posted here I'd get some help. Thanks to all of you who helped put together the list of links, this plaxve is the greatest little corner on the internet.

Apparently he's looking at a 95 (thought it was newer) wagon (non-out-back ) that someone at the hospital is selling. Old lady's car, 150K on the original motor, all new brakes, all service records including regular factory oil and fluid changes...1500bux... Personaly IMO even if the thing needs to be torn intop, and it doesn't, it's worth that at least and I think he's getting a steal of a deal. Please chime in and let me know if it sounds fair or not.

Cheers

Dave

pint

Adventurer
X3...would love to see the current state of mods. Especially since I'm beginning to look at Subaru's!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior