Superu lift kit update

Michael Slade

Untitled
Rallyroo said:
Sounds as if your packages were being delivered by sailboat.

No...sounds like his packages are being delivered by that half-naked, curly-haired guy with the funny volleyball named 'Wilson'. Wow, you have the patience of Job.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
This really needs a write up...being as you're gonna basicially be the only one in the US with the lift....

:bowdown:

-H-

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
I've seen lifted Subaru Brats before.

Images from Google Image Search.
dirtpile10.jpg

liiiift.jpg

Superu

Explorer
All the parts are here...

Now, I'm not one for believing much in things like curses, but after a year's ordeal trying to get this kit ready to go I find myself with all the parts (as near as I can tell) and waiting on the installation instructions which somehow didn't make it into either box.

Hopefully, they'll come through in email soon. I'm certain I could figure it out without them but I'm also fairly certain that an installation with instructions will take a lot less time than without!

With a little luck, we'll close out 2009 a couple of inches higher!

Here's a pic of the recipient of the first kit made for my car by the guys at Ausubaru.

04outback.jpg

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Wow, sorry to hear more bad luck. It may of been easier if you flew to Australia and brought the lift kit back as check-in luggage.

Superu

Explorer
Wow, sorry to hear more bad luck. It may of been easier if you flew to Australia and brought the lift kit back as check-in luggage.

I'm just looking at is as more time to familiarize myself with the parts before I start installing them! :)

At least I have the parts now!

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
I have a story to tell. I had issues shipping stuff from New Zealand back to the States before. Blame it on FedEx and how they deal with Customs.

My package went from:
  • Christchurch, NZ to Sydney, AU
  • Sydney, AU to Los Angeles, CA (up to this point about 2 days)
  • Los Angeles, CA to Nashville, TN (package had a layover for about 7-8 days)
  • Nashville, TN to Los Angeles, CA (round trip party, woohoo)
  • Los Angeles, CA to Ontario, CA
  • Ontario, CA to final destination

If FedEx was smart, they could of dealt with Customs in the Los Angeles port. Why ship my package to Nashville for Customs processing then back to Los Angeles? I'd increase efficiency by having an Westcoast Customs Office and Eastcoast Customs office instead of having a single one in the middle of the US.

Maddmatt

Explorer
Rallyroo said:
I have a story to tell. I had issues shipping stuff from New Zealand back to the States before. Blame it on FedEx and how they deal with Customs.

My package went from:
  • Christchurch, NZ to Sydney, AU
  • Sydney, AU to Los Angeles, CA (up to this point about 2 days)
  • Los Angeles, CA to Nashville, TN (package had a layover for about 7-8 days)
  • Nashville, TN to Los Angeles, CA (round trip party, woohoo)
  • Los Angeles, CA to Ontario, CA
  • Ontario, CA to final destination

If FedEx was smart, they could of dealt with Customs in the Los Angeles port. Why ship my package to Nashville for Customs processing then back to Los Angeles? I'd increase efficiency by having an Westcoast Customs Office and Eastcoast Customs office instead of having a single one in the middle of the US.

Yeah, that's frustrating. A lot of times though, the big ports like LA get so backed up in customs that its actually quicker to ship them across country and clear somewhere else. I use to bring goods in through Denver for the same reason, Customs delays in LA could often be 2-3 weeks or longer, vs. putting the goods on a sealed train and letting them clear somewhere else.

The downside is that once you have the system in place, its very difficult to change it, so when there's no delay in LA, you're still shipping goods halfway across the country.

Back on topic - I'm glad the parts showed up - can't wait to see the finished project!
-Matt

Superu

Explorer
Waiting on garage space...

Have all the parts and instructions. Just waiting on my buddy's heated barn for workspace. The tranny for his tractor is in pieces on the floor right now!

As soon as the tractor's out of the way, the Subie will be in and we should be in business! We figure it'll take the better part of a Saturday to get it done, but are allowing for that "extra" Sunday time if needed. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior