Adventurer
looking through all of these zuks make me miss mine :(

but to contribute here is my late sami

zuk2.jpg

march30run034.jpg

gaigene

Greetings from Malaysia

Hi all,

I've just joined this site and recently just purchased a 1999 Suzuki Jimny SJ413 (that's what it is called here in Malaysia). I'm going to do some mods with it and would like to ask opinions on whether I should convert it to Leaf over Axle. A few of my trusted mechanics here say that it is not a good route to go for.

Can anyone here share the pros and cons of Leaf over Axle. Oh, btw, the SJ413 has 4 leaf spring setup which is a standard.

This is how I want my ride to look like in the end of all the mods....

Thanks.

Attachments

• phoca_thumb_l_raycurl_002_181.jpg
    phoca_thumb_l_raycurl_002_181.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Old Pictures

Here's some old pics (~10 years ago) of my LWB SJ-413 back in the day. At the time I didn't realize I was more interested in backcountry camping than 'wheeling.

chris_front_parking.jpg

ptera_towing.jpg

topless_muddy.jpg

Sorry, no pics of in the bush - or at least any worth posting. :)

I miss that truck some days.

Richiezook

trailerlanes013.jpg

trailerlanes004.jpg

trailerlanes003.jpg

Heres my Vitara, 1.9 deiesel commercial (van back, converted) Calmini lift , 3" bodylift , 31" tyres, 10" rims, LSD in rear, Steel front axle. Off Road Armoury bumpers.

trailerlanes009.jpg

trailerlanes010.jpg

Richie:cool:

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Richie, That is THE BEST looking suzuki I have ever seen :victory: and The Matching ExPO trailer :Wow1: :safari-rig:. 1.9 Diesel as well the Perfect Suzuki. How about some more pic's of your total set-up if I may be so bold. Again Beeauutiful Set-Up:D

Richiezook

Some more pics of the trailer build in the trailer section, and ill pist some more of the Vitara later when i get back from work. Cheers.

Richie:cool:

jingram

Adventurer
I agree, sweet setup Rich. What kind of mileage are you getting with the conversion? I take it that it is a VW conversion using an acme adapters kit. Did you do the install yourself... would love to know more about this!!! :lurk:

Jack

Richiezook

Posted a seperate thread 'ECO the Vitara' . No its a Diesel from the factory in a 3 door Vitara :Wow1: Its a 'Commercial' model, (van back) with no rear seats or windows. Steel sheets for the windows spot welded in place. The engines a Peugeot 1.9 diesel. Thiswas used extensively in their car range along with in Citroens and other vehicles. It runs a smaller low pressure turbo. Ive got an intercooler from a Daihatsu Fourtrack to go on and then will be putting a bigger straight through exhaust, turning up the fuel pump and the Turbo boost a tad to get a few more horses. Power is about the same as a standard 1.6 ,8v but with more Torque and its from much lower down.

See the ECO tthread.

Richie

silvrzuki77

explorer
Here is a couple of my little self made pickup. Im runnin a suzuki esteem motor, with p/s and ac.
they back cut off
pict0001-2.jpg

Frame strectch 10" with xj leafs
pict0003-1.jpg

The tintop I cut from the junk yard
pict0004-1.jpg

All welded on
pict0005-2.jpg

mostly finished cab
PICT0007-1.jpg

The back end. I dont like the tire on the back and will end up cutting the floor near the cab and sink the tire down about 6" and then make a folddown tailgate.
trips
139.jpg

n561850301_5190694_9056.jpg

And the rock buggy
PICT0060.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Here is a couple of my little self made pickup. Im runnin a suzuki esteem motor, with p/s and ac.
they back cut off
pict0001-2.jpg

Frame strectch 10" with xj leafs
pict0003-1.jpg

The tintop I cut from the junk yard
pict0004-1.jpg

All welded on
pict0005-2.jpg

mostly finished cab
PICT0007-1.jpg

The back end. I dont like the tire on the back and will end up cutting the floor near the cab and sink the tire down about 6" and then make a folddown tailgate.
trips
139.jpg

n561850301_5190694_9056.jpg

And the rock buggy
PICT0060.jpg

PICT0061.jpg
That is GREAT!!! What a cool reuck mate, thnaks for sharing. I read about it in the other thread but I'm glad to get to see it.

I really think that I would LOVE to find a LWB Sami and turn it into a trail monster w/a VW Turbo Diesel etc. They're just such amazing little machines that seem to always show up bigger "badder" rigs out on the trail with their lightweight, nimble size and w/the LWB version a nice wheel-base.

It's funny, I really like LWB 2dr versions of trucks IE: Like of all the Jeeps ever made I think the LJ, J8 and CJ8 or CJ6 are my favorites. I love LR SIII109's, Clearly I'm nuts about 1st Gen 4Runners (IMO some of the best looking trucks ever made) and as I said above I love the LWB Sami's. FJ43's make me go GAGA and apparently there's a mid wheelbase G-Wagen so I'm all over that too. OOH and the 2Dr XJ, that's a neat one too. Rear access may suck but I don't really mind in my truck right now.

anyway, back to the thread, GREAT Sami's guy's and Gals, they're great.

Cheers

Dave

Edit: does anyone remember the sweet little grey Grand Vitara (I think... or something else maybe???) that someone here built??? I belive it used to have a snorkel and some blacked out rims, low lift and maybe some 31" MT's??? That was a sweet little rig and I can't seem to find it now...

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Edit: does anyone remember the sweet little grey Grand Vitara (I think... or something else maybe???) that someone here built??? I belive it used to have a snorkel and some blacked out rims, low lift and maybe some 31" MT's??? That was a sweet little rig and I can't seem to find it now...

Mine isn't grey but I have a 2" lift, 29's, 5.12 gears, roof rack and a snorkle. I just installed some rock sliders that aren't in this pic.

254180297_VAyRS-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle