The long slow FG build!

BruceAndKrista

This frame is starting to look pretty big.. did I go too big?

Reaching for the TOP | 4x4 Fuso Camper Box Built from Scratch!

BruceAndKrista

One of the things I really wanted to do with this build is keep the overall length at 20’ or less, and in order to make the spare tire work with this, I need to do some “creative” work around the spare tire!

Tucking in the tire | Home built composite Camper

BruceAndKrista

THE ONE!!! Can you believe we have hit 75 episodes!!! This one is a banger! Huge changes - and extra special help!

A MAJOR milestone in this FUSO 4x4 Composite box build!

BruceAndKrista

Now if you’ve wondered what the heck this thing is going to look like, I present you “The twin”! Well, firstly let me just say that if mine comes out looking half this good I will be very happy! Take a look at this beautiful build, on the twin to our truck!!

Must see PHENOMINAL Build tour ! | DIY Fuso FG Overland Build

BruceAndKrista

I will admit, this was one of the hardest steps for me. Taking a saw to a perfectly good wall is a tough thing to do!!

Cutting up a $$ WALL | Fuso FG camper door install

BruceAndKrista

Before we can really do any interior work, we need to get the floor sorted out, and that starts with insulation!

Foam Board Insulation | DIY 4x4 Camper build

BruceAndKrista

And with the insulation done, we can now install the sub floor. One step closer to building the inside!!

DIY camper sub-floor | Mitsubishi Fuso FG Overland Build

BruceAndKrista

One thing I wanted to get moving on before mounting the box back on the truck, was the spring mounts. I’ve had some time to think since the last video, and made some additions to the setup! (And here @gator70 is the info you were looking for!)

Sub-Frame spring mounts evolved! | Fuso Canter FG 4x4

BruceAndKrista

Well, this has been a big posting spree to get caught up, but here we are. I leave you with the most recent posted video, of the installation of the ROOF and actually installing the DOOR! - it’s starting to feel like something now!

ROOF AND DOOR install! | Composite Camper build!

BruceAndKrista

Let’s get a couple more caught up! I’m sure there are folks out there a this point wondering what this thing weighs... well... here you go!

How HEAVY is it? | FUSO FG camper build

BruceAndKrista

And since its so light, let’s move on to lights! I love these LED strips and the aluminum channels they go in!

Installing BTF RGBW LED strips | Fuso 4X4 Composite Camper build!

Abitibi

Explorer
Let’s get a couple more caught up! I’m sure there are folks out there a this point wondering what this thing weighs... well... here you go!

How HEAVY is it? | FUSO FG camper build
Nice! So a 1000lbs for your box, how much do you estimate once fully built up for the full truck?

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

BruceAndKrista

Nice! So a 1000lbs for your box, how much do you estimate once fully built up for the full truck?

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
Well, I haven’t really done any math on it, but I’m ballpark figuring another 1000 to 1500 lbs on the habitat - not sure what the final truck weight will be!

BruceAndKrista

With the lights installed, I wanted a cleaner entry for the power, so, I installed some power inlet and outlets on the front of the habitat box.

Easy AC power connections | Custom built Fuso 4x4 Camper

BruceAndKrista

And with the power inlet done, I could close off the last openings with the last panel pieces!

Closing in the Habitat | Fuso Canter FG camper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior