The long slow FG build!

BruceAndKrista

And back to some more metal fabrication! Cutting and bending framework for the interior floor structure!

Building a 4x4 RV / camper from scratch!

Abitibi

Explorer
Since it sort of feels like I’ll be done the floor structure soon, I wanted to start working on the lift system - that will allow me to take the habitat box off the flat bed. I purchased these trailer tongue jacks, and I know they will be very capable, but I want to be able to control all 4 together once they are all set to the right height...

Common control for independent camper jacks! (1)
Hi Bruce. Good content as usual!

Not sure if it could work, but have you looked into those 4 way electric actuators controllers? Their purpose is to ensure all 4 actuators are synchronized.

Something like this?

There's also type that allows you to control all 4 individually from one control box:

Otherwise your guess is as good as mine :)

Cheers
David

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BruceAndKrista

Hi Bruce. Good content as usual!

Not sure if it could work, but have you looked into those 4 way electric actuators controllers? Their purpose is to ensure all 4 actuators are synchronized.
Thanks! Interesting controllers - something like that might work - but these don’t have any position indication built into them (hall effect sensors). Ill be getting back to the lift jacks very shortly, pretty sure the original plan is going to work, I just had a bit of a “oh crap” / brain fart at the end of that video!

BruceAndKrista

Terrific content as always. Cheers!
Thanks! Glad people are enjoying it!

I decided to follow a suggestion of a fellow Fuso builder, and came up with something that really helps the “custom” side of these trucks - which there are steadily becoming more of!

The Fuso Factory didn’t make this so I did!

BruceAndKrista

Continuing on with the floor structure I used my old Stomp shear for some quick cutting!

Shear joy - Fuso camper build using ancient machinery!

BruceAndKrista

One of the things I’m trying to do slowly through this build is get some of the PM‘s done - and changing the fuel filter has been on the list for a while! This is also something that is really good to know how to do, and to try doing before you are stuck out in the middle of no-where with crap fuel and zero experience!

HOW TO - Everything you need to swap a Mitsubishi Fuso 4P10 fuel filter

BruceAndKrista

Back to the floor structure! Finishing up with the internal structure so we can move on!

I got ZAPPED!! - Custom Camper Build TIG Welding

BruceAndKrista

With the framing wrapped up, its time to start focusing on what is going to hold this assembly to the truck, and that involves some much thicker aluminum, and heavier welding!

TIG Welding Extreme strength Camper tie down points!

BruceAndKrista

Yikes, I need to do some updates here!! @gator70 if you haven’t seen it, the answer is in one of the newer videos, should show up here shortly!

A lot of people wonder about lift jacks, and there are a few options out there, but I always like to come up with my own way of doing things. In an earlier video you saw me testing these out, and now im moving to the next step!

Custom electric lift setup for our Fuso FG camper!

BruceAndKrista

I know, I know why so many videos about welding?! Well, we are ALMOST past that! (Just bear with me!)

I’m DONE working underneath the floor - this camper build is about to change.

BruceAndKrista

I think I got my timeline a little confused at the beginning of this video, but making good progress none the less!

Overland Camper built in 5 DAYS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior