The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Is there a contact list, or a link page, of all the vendors that exhibited at OX'12? There was that company that had the awesome coolers I'd like to get a hold of soon...

The coolers were Canyon Coolers. Their warehouse is in the same building as my shop. We actually used to share a unit when we were each starting out.

I'm not sure who the distributor was at the show, but you can buy direct. Mention the show or that I sent you.

Dave

crismateski

American Adventurist
If you are a ham, Outdoor Adventures USA is doing a re cap of the event for the radio net tonight. If you are interested you can find it at :

OAUSA.net

OAUSA Ham Radio Net

Our weekly Amateur Radio Net is held every Thursday evening at 7:30. You may access the Net:

• Anywhere in the US via the Western Reflector at node 9251;
  • In the Southern California area via the Keller Peak Repeater (KE6TZG) at 146.385, (+), 146.2;
  • In the San Diego area via the KA6UAI Repeater at 449.300,(-), 100.0.
All Amateurs are welcome. Both the Western Reflector and Keller Peak are Echolink equipped.

c.nordstrom

World Traveller Extraordinaire
The 2012 OverlandExpo was a fantastic event. Can't say enough good things about it! Hopefully some of you guys popped into my booth (ExpeditionApparel) and enjoyed what we had to offer. As a thank you to everyone, we are extending our show specials for another week!

dhackney

Expedition Leader

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Our OvEx 2012 (and prior years) training presentations are now posted at:

http://www.hackneys.com/travel/index-presentations.htm

Sessions include:

• 43 Countries - Lessons Learned
  • A Couple's Survival Guide to Overlanding
  • Overlanding for Women
  • Shipping for Overlanders
  • Coming Ashore
  • The Organized Overlander
  • Truck Pack List
  • Bike Pack List/Inventory

Thanks again for the great presentation in the couples overlanding class. It was entertaining and quite insightful. We used several of your tips on the remainder of our trip back from expo even, haha.

We had a fantastic time at Expo, Mormon Lake was a perfect venue. Working on getting my photos up and outing together a post. We were both a bit worn out by Sunday from such intense socializing, meeting new and catching up with old friends. Thanks to Roseann and crew for refining Expo into such a great experience on so many levels. Hope you are getting some much deserved rest now. ;-)

Last edited:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Back from our third OVX. We had a blast and appreciate all of the fans that stopped by to chat with us. It was nice to catch up with old friends from far away and to make new ones. The venue was the best one yet at 7100 feet with perfect temps and great overall terrain to camp/exhibit on. I lost count of how many people shared their opinion of it being much better than Amado. No need for goggles in the dust storms :D Definitely looking forward to next year. Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen.

jonharis

Here is a question for Conserventures. What is the "official" abbreviation for the Overland Expo

I know some of these are not correct and associated with other businesses but would like to have you set the record straight! :bike_rider:

OVX
OX
OE
OEX
OXV
OvExPo

Youngunner

Adventurer
We had an absolutely amazing time! Colossus enjoyed meeting every one of you! We are looking forward to next year!

P5230051.JPG

The course was a blast!

0520121454.jpg

No trip is complete without a few set-backs!

0521121814.jpg
P5220006.JPG

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
If you are a ham, Outdoor Adventures USA is doing a re cap of the event for the radio net tonight. If you are interested you can find it at :

OAUSA.net

OAUSA Ham Radio Net

Our weekly Amateur Radio Net is held every Thursday evening at 7:30. You may access the Net:

• Anywhere in the US via the Western Reflector at node 9251;
  • In the Southern California area via the Keller Peak Repeater (KE6TZG) at 146.385, (+), 146.2;
  • In the San Diego area via the KA6UAI Repeater at 449.300,(-), 100.0.
All Amateurs are welcome. Both the Western Reflector and Keller Peak are Echolink equipped.

This net is currently on air and im learning more about the products/vendors on display than when i was there. It's a great net.

Follow along here.. http://forums.oausa.net/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=3206&p=27144#p27144

I guess i was so busy talking to folks, i never got a chance to walk around and see the show :(

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Man, you took a lot of great detail shots! Not to mention, some fun travel photos along the way too!

7264986180_64a848bedb_b.jpg

This was my first time making it out to the show FINALLY as I have been diverted away each year, but this year I made it!

I shot a bunch of images from Overland Expo 2012 for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rodneywills/sets/72157629883908392/

If you want to see them in a slideshow format:
http://www.flickr.com//photos/rodneywills/sets/72157629883908392/show/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998