The old 1999 build thread

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
no oil drips -that rocks!
nice neighborhood too.
get envy when i see someplace without mud....
we have two seasons here in the big muddy
muddy season and recovery from the muddy season.

Thanks, Hammertime's truck has a little drip. but i'll clean it up :)

I definitely want one of those bumpers !

I'll probably be making some more in a couple weeks if there's demand, I sold all I had. Right now I have to make some fancy curtain rods and a canopy bed for the missus. Keep the wife happy and she'll never say anything about all the Montero's I bring home

Toasty

One more to go and I can move on for now! This bumper goes to an SR, a little snug on a blister fender. Looks decent though.

IMG_20161027_105735.jpg

Build thread UPDATE! got my new OEM Upper control arm ordered, last piece of the puzzle. I think my '99 needs injectors from sitting so long, it has developed a hesitation and has a rolling lag like half of the cylinders are not as powerful at the others. Always something.

Toasty

Man, that bumper looks good on the SR. I'd be very interested if you make another batch, and I'm local (ish).

That bumper is for a 1996 SR, the truck is a 1999 so it has the much larger fenders and corner lights. I just needed a model to hold it while I welded the mounting brackets, you can see this bumper is slightly narrow for this truck but it's an exact width for the trucks with the plastic fender flares.

Subscribed! Have you ever made a bumper for a Sport?

No but if I had a victim locally with a sport I'd whip one up, I have modified a Sport ARB to fit a Montero though. Very different trucks.

Toasty

Thanks, I'll pick up a set of junkyard injectors and send them out ASAP.

jms_brns

Observer
Just read through your whole build(s) thread. Man, I'm jealous of your fab and mechanic skills!

I'd definitely be interested in pricing if you end up offering more bumpers!

Toasty

Went wheeling over the weekend, need to install an air compressor for my ARB and new crawler gears.

Toasty

Yes he did take these pics and yes i intalled the RD-110 but didn't get a compressor until this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears