The Toyota Land Cruiser Is Coming Back To America

nickw

Adventurer
It's nice that MSRP is returning. Still not here in Southern Nevada for most reasonably desired models.

I think that's the first time I've seen a calculator default to payments "Every Two Weeks" though. Guess stretching things out to increasing number of years wasn't getting it done anymore in making the number look reasonable.
I didn't catch that at first, that's $1040 a month...ouch!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I didn't catch that at first, that's $1040 a month...ouch!
It's nice that MSRP is returning. Still not here in Southern Nevada for most reasonably desired models.

I think that's the first time I've seen a calculator default to payments "Every Two Weeks" though. Guess stretching things out to increasing number of years wasn't getting it done anymore in making the number look reasonable.
Craziness, I know. I basically built the same truck I own as a '23 model instead of the '22 I have. What's nuts is MSRP is 10K higher than when I ordered mine in Jan of '22. Plus they were willing to deal on it since I was ordering vs buying one of the very few trucks that were on the lot during that time. The going rate back then was also .99%.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Maybe where you live. Come to where I live live. You can get a Toyota for MSRP. No chance on getting a Ford without going over MSRP. The biggest thing I miss about owning a Ford is the Toyota service.
Not to mention Toyota has joined the same game and has upped their msrp big amount for the same vehicle that was 10k less a couple of yrs ago. Toyota is just as bad as the dealer’s hiding inventory and tacking on “hard to find model” dealer add on fees. Hell the scam has gotten so stupid our local Mercedes dealer moved all their stock off premises and only have 1 of each model on display. But walk the block and there are upwards of 1500 new mercs still in shipping wrappers stuffed into back lots of surrounding properties.

I was curious about the new EV options for the wife. So stopped by. First thing the sales guy said was oh man its so hard to get any inventory we have very little. I responded with yeah I wouldn’t buy from you guys your clearly going out of business😉. Sales guy all of a sudden is saying he can get me any model I want😆😆🤦‍♂️. I told him no thanks you guys are clearly going out of business 😆.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Craziness, I know. I basically built the same truck I own as a '23 model instead of the '22 I have. What's nuts is MSRP is 10K higher than when I ordered mine in Jan of '22. Plus they were willing to deal on it since I was ordering vs buying one of the very few trucks that were on the lot during that time. The going rate back then was also .99%.
This was my exact experience when I ordered a ‘22 Bronco Wildtrak. They took so long to build it (or to NOT build it) that it rolled over into a MY 23, and MSRP jumped $10k and rates took my lease from $650 to over $1000 per month. I walked and got a Tundra Platinum for $700.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
This was my exact experience when I ordered a ‘22 Bronco Wildtrak. They took so long to build it (or to NOT build it) that it rolled over into a MY 23, and MSRP jumped $10k and rates took my lease from $650 to over $1000 per month. I walked and got a Tundra Platinum for $700.
I'm shocked they didn't honor the price you ordered under. There were price increases on my truck between the time I ordered and received it. But, becuase i was the one who ordered it, they held the agreed upon price. Which is usually what happens as this is what Ford mandates. However, since you were ordering a high demad vehicle vs a F150 maybe Ford loked the other way.

Sucks you didn't get the deal you agreed to. Hope you're enjoying your Tundra. I had a deal on a .22 Lunar Rock SR5 Crew Cab O/R before I ordered my F150. The Tundras are nice trucks.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I don’t think the price would jump a penny if you were buying instead of leasing.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I'm shocked they didn't honor the price you ordered under. There were price increases on my truck between the time I ordered and received it. But, becuase i was the one who ordered it, they held the agreed upon price. Which is usually what happens as this is what Ford mandates. However, since you were ordering a high demad vehicle vs a F150 maybe Ford loked the other way.

Sucks you didn't get the deal you agreed to. Hope you're enjoying your Tundra. I had a deal on a .22 Lunar Rock SR5 Crew Cab O/R before I ordered my F150. The Tundras are nice trucks.
The issue was his lease. Leasing isn’t buying its just a numbers game and in demand vehicles generally aren’t leasable. The vehicle leasing business plan was created to shed over stock while still maintaining a profit margin on the unit.

Buying yes they legally have to honor the original contract price.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Well, first of all, I’m in a different country, so different laws apply, and the price and rate were “protected” until the model year changed.

The Tundra is great, but my wife doesn’t like it as much as our other Toyotas, (all Japanese designed and built) and if she wants me to trade it on a Landcruiser, who am I to argue? 🤣

T-Willy

Well, first of all, I’m in a different country, so different laws apply, and the price and rate were “protected” until the model year changed.

The Tundra is great, but my wife doesn’t like it as much as our other Toyotas, (all Japanese designed and built) and if she wants me to trade it on a Landcruiser, who am I to argue? 🤣

You married well. Congratulations.

nickw

Adventurer
I'd lose my mind if I ordered a rig in good faith and they bumped price.....but I'm sure there is some sort of contract agreement one signs that allows it. I was crystal clear with the dealer here, price is the price when my F150 comes in, no shenanigans....they agreed in writing, which of course they wouldn't have done with a Bronco which I would of never agree to in the first place unless they agreed to a price arrangement that was tied to my yearly bonus....sorry fellas, didn't get the full bonus this year, but I'll pay you 75% of MSRP instead, cool?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
My understanding is that it’s a Ford thing. The lease rate and MSRP are tied to model year. I’m sure they gave zero schitz when I canceled my order.

Here. Enjoy a photo of what could be:

Ignore the Jeep wheels, some guy in Dubai did this rendering.

MarcusBrody

I stopped at my local Toyota dealership in Southern NV to see about their LC list procedure. $500 refundable deposit to get on the list, but they would make no guarantees about how much they'd charge when it arrived. Waiting a potentially long time only to then be under pressure to agree to their price or go to the back of the line didn't appeal, so I didn't get on the list. I'll have to email around and see if anyone is agreeing to pre-orders at MSRP, even if it's a wait.

Stopped at another affiliated dealership nearby to look at a used Armada I was interested in Patrol-ifying as a stopgap, but it had apparently been sold a few days ago despite still being listed as available.

Wasn't the best day for thinking well of dealerships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears