Titan spare tire replacement fuel tank

Explorerinil

Observer
Anyone have the titan auxiliary tank that fits in your stock spare tire location? I’ve been thinking of getting one for awhile, now with a long trip to northern Ontario coming up soon I might get one soon. I talked to a friend of mine that one a local shop, he can get me one over night cheaper than amazon prime. If you have one what is your opinion on it? How long did the install take? Where did you mount the filler?

Chandlerdoom

Observer
Almost bought one during the Black Friday sale, thought about it too long lol. Install looks straight forward, the best filler location I’ve seen is inside the bed close to the tailgate. Keeps it hidden and plus those aftermarket fuel doors are pretty ugly to have along side the factory fuel door. Downside is the space has to be clear for fueling and spilling inside the bed often.

The more I thought about the spare tire kit the more the midship appealed to me, little less capacity but keeps it simple

Dalko43

Explorer
I've seen people mount the filler on the outside of the truck bed or on the inside; either way requires cutting into body metal.

The design looks pretty straightforward. The biggest question/concern that I have is how the filter/pump will fare in a northern climate. Unlike some of the Australian auxiliary tanks, the pump and and filter is mounted externally which leaves them open to water, snow, salt exposure.

Chandlerdoom

Observer
I've seen people mount the filler on the outside of the truck bed or on the inside; either way requires cutting into body metal.

The design looks pretty straightforward. The biggest question/concern that I have is how the filter/pump will fare in a northern climate. Unlike some of the Australian auxiliary tanks, the pump and and filter is mounted externally which leaves them open to water, snow, salt exposure.

I’m sure it will be fine considering how many work trucks have slip tanks in northern climates with exposed pumps

Marine

Adventurer
I worked out in the dakotas we ran external tanks in the beds of our trucks. Never had any problems, just treat it with some howes and we were off

I have one in my garage, I just have to put it in.

There is a post on CF from someone that mounted the filler neck inside the bed.

Chandlerdoom

Observer
Does anyone have a pic of the filler mounted inside the bed? I am thinking my decked system might be in the way.

It will be tight with the decked, your main concern will be the space between where your mount the filler and the bedside itself. You need enough room for the filler to turn down before it runs into the bedside. If you can fab a filler yourself i would make the filler at an angle so you don’t have to worry about running into the bedside, plus the ergonomics of filling up with be better

Kingsize24

You think it would fit in the stock fill opening in the side of the truck if the DEF fill spout was removed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online