Trail Outfitters New Expedition Rig...Toyota 4X4 Chinook

Nook

Truck ran great the entire time on and off road.

Also, WON THE "SICKEST RIG" AWARD AT CRUISE MOAB!!! Out of probably 200+ rigs and many $30+ ones.

Highlight of my trip.

I will make a thread in the completed expedition section this weekend.

Thanks,
Scott

Congrats :wings:

vanderpooch

Authentic Adventurer
:Wow1::Wow1:I'm a week or so away from having my Syncro exactly the way I want it and I'm ready to kick it to the curb for one of these!!! :drool::drool:

Super cool Guys!! :victory:

jymz

Look who joined the fun!

Does anyone know how to jack up the front of the 2wd 1977 toyota pickup? I want to flip the rear axel but don't know how to do the front.

My interior will be replaced with a eurovan camper one I found. Lots of work ahead!

Attachments

• DSC04209.JPG
    DSC04209.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC04242.JPG
    DSC04242.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC04226.JPG
    DSC04226.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 122

jh504

Explorer
Look who joined the fun!

Does anyone know how to jack up the front of the 2wd 1977 toyota pickup? I want to flip the rear axel but don't know how to do the front.

My interior will be replaced with a eurovan camper one I found. Lots of work ahead!

Awesome find! My advice would be to find a 4x4 donor truck and replace everything. You should be able to find a 1st gen 4x4 for pretty cheap, especially if its not running. Converting a 2x4 to 4x4 isnt as bad as it sounds, especially if you have a straight axle.

jymz

I'm going to leave this one 2wd and just put a locker in it. I guess I need larger front springs and a spoa on the rear?

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Hey Nook, PM sent. Speaking of Chinooks, one newer improvement to this search site is that they capture images from Craigslist now, so we can more quickly pick which Chinooks to look at. Can't say that I've seen any 4x4 conversions to the Toyotas there, don't know if anybody ever converted a Datsun version.

Nook,your rigs are amazing. Thanks for posting pics of something I will never have,or at least not as nice and with excellent craftmanship.

jh504

Explorer
I'm going to leave this one 2wd and just put a locker in it. I guess I need larger front springs and a spoa on the rear?

I dont have much experience with the 2wds. Your truck should have a set of a-arms and coil springs in the front correct? there may be some kind of aftermarket lift kit for the front. I dont know.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I just might!!!

I need some measurements from you Nook! Im wondering about cutting my 80 and attaching your body :D Check your PM's!

Nook

I just might!!!

I need some measurements from you Nook! Im wondering about cutting my 80 and attaching your body :D Check your PM's!

Checked my PM's but found nothing, what kind of measurements you looking for and what body are we talking about?

Please Please Please tell me you were NOT going to buy a rare vehicle to cut it up and put on your 80! :Wow1::Wow1:As a fellow overlander I would think you would see the value in keeping this original. These can be had for a lot less that what the asking price is in 2wd and you wont be ruining a Radical truck. Sorry for the hijack I just thought it was necessary.

Caleb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears