Traveling in Iceland

egn

Adventurer
For those coming from England/Scottland/Norway it is much harder now. But for those that are coming from mainland Europe it is faster because there is no extra stop at the Faroer anymore.

Smyril Line had to optimize because they are nearly bankrupt.

Last edited:

ColinTheCop

Adventurer
Probably better then, the 3 day stopover in Faroe was a nightmare.

You know there isn't much to do when the highlight of your day is visiting Burger King. :(

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Egn
Thanks for the links. The pictures from November look wet and cold. All the better for taking a dip in a hot spring.

ColinTheCop

Adventurer
egn said:
I wasn't there yet, but I have read some reports that the islands are not to bad, except for the weather. ;)

I guess if you just went to the Faroes, you'd be very impressed. But when you've just left Iceland, nothing else will look that good for a very long time.

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Thumbnail.aspx

How common are these specific Campingaz cylinders in Iceland? Where are they available? These are the 'easy-clic' resealable cans. Thanks.

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Trausti,
Ha,ha! I had forgotten this post! Thanks alot for replying: you are right, the campingaz is easy to find in Iceland. We had a splendid visit in August. We bought a couple of cans at the campground in Keflavik, but then found them cheaper at alot of the N1 stations. Here is the lovely Mrs. Trip cooking on the backpacking stove at Grimstadir:
DSC07373.jpg

For a complete report on our 15 days in Iceland, including backpacking the Laugarvegurinn, more waterfalls than you can count, and my weird obsession with truck campers, click here: Rhodetrip's Saga
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23225643.cfm

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
sunlight painting mountains...
1602419.jpg

always a lot of sand in the air in the Askja area
1602420.jpg
:drool: :Wow1: Beautiful landscape, beautiful setting, beautiful Yota, beautiful picture ...

... did I mention that it is just plain ... beautiful? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan