Traveling in Iceland

I had a look at my Iceland folder, searching for images that could do well in another format. Once i a while it is fun to look at your old work with a new perspective.

Fjord.jpg

Hvalfjord.jpg

Isbjerge.jpg

SPertierra

Observer
Okay, I've got dates set, July 1- July 12. There will be 4 of us, and we plan to rent two Lada Niva's. We will be bring tents, and camping gear, in order to save money, but I need to find somewhere to buy waders, laterns, propane, and other stuff that can't be brought with us. Also, now that we have tickets, it is official, if anyone would like to join us, we would greatly welcome the company

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
I would be SO VERY tempted to try to join yall on this trip, it sounds wonderful, sadly I can not, but for happy reasons. We have a baby due during that time, and I just do not think that would be where we would want to try to do that... hehe

Just remember us poor schmucks here without a chance to travel to Iceland, and send some photos! hehe

SPertierra

Observer
I would be SO VERY tempted to try to join yall on this trip, it sounds wonderful, sadly I can not, but for happy reasons. We have a baby due during that time, and I just do not think that would be where we would want to try to do that... hehe

Just remember us poor schmucks here without a chance to travel to Iceland, and send some photos! hehe

You may be the lucky one, we may not com back. Just been hearing about some of the obstacles.

garrett

Supporting Sponsor
Okay, I've got dates set, July 1- July 12. There will be 4 of us, and we plan to rent two Lada Niva's. We will be bring tents, and camping gear, in order to save money, but I need to find somewhere to buy waders, laterns, propane, and other stuff that can't be brought with us. Also, now that we have tickets, it is official, if anyone would like to join us, we would greatly welcome the company

There is a Utilif store here at this shopping area just outside of Reykjavik.

http://www.kringlan.is/

bjørn h

Hello,
I´m new here, but I think this forum is dealing with exactly what I am interested in
...For those who like traveling in Iceland I ´ll start this thread ...

Greatings Sönke :snorkel:

We are leaving from Hanstholm DK the 6th of juli...:)
It's the third time with "Lillebror". Here is a picture from our last trip in 2004:
is10b.jpg

Tony LEE

International Grey Nomad
For those coming from England/Scottland/Norway it is much harder now. But for those that are coming from mainland Europe it is faster because there is no extra stop at the Faroer anymore.

Smyril Line had to optimize because they are nearly bankrupt.

Will be good not to have that mandatory stopover on the Faroes - although I guess it did allow us to do a circle through the UK rather than back through the mainland.

Iceland is one place I wouldn't mind going back to although three and a half weeks was about right for our first trip. We were in a conventional Class C Motorhome on a front wheel drive Ford chassis and we had no problems getting through the easiest of the inland N-S roads - #24 or is it #26.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan