Tunook Build Has New Life

trailscape

Explorer
Pretty much my dream rig you've got there. I love seeing this continue to improve with age. I have a spare Tundra at the moment that I would attempt a transformation into this if I had the means and space to do it.

Tank5

Adventurer
It depends on speed 11-16 MPG. Slower is better. All though it will do 80 mph no problem. Totally worth it. It tends to average around 13mpg if I remember correct.

Tank5

Adventurer
I finally got a little time to work on the Tunook. I installed the new larger brake calipers today with new Heavy Duty EBC brake pads. The rotors are in good shape so I did not mess with them. I did not get the opportunity to bleed the system because a rain storm ran me inside. I hope to finish and get to drive it tomorrow. Here are some pictures of the old and new.

Attachments

• P3190295.jpg
    P3190295.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 80
  • P3190297.jpg
    P3190297.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 76
  • P3190299.jpg
    P3190299.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 74

Tank5

Adventurer
nocensorbo, looking at your rig, you can still do this. You would need to extend the frame to make it fit but it would be cool! On the other hand it would be real hard to take a sawzall to your truck cab - it's a nice rig.

Tank5

Adventurer
I took the brakes for a 2 hour test drive today. Every thing seems to work fine. I did not do any crazy stop tests with the brakes but it stops just fine. Feels good to put some new parts on the truck after not doing much all summer/winter. Next I have to finish the awning set up.

nocensorbo

Observer
I took the brakes for a 2 hour test drive today. Every thing seems to work fine. I did not do any crazy stop tests with the brakes but it stops just fine. Feels good to put some new parts on the truck after not doing much all summer/winter. Next I have to finish the awning set up.

she can be yours...ha, i dont have the skills to do this. Lets trade

nocensorbo

Observer
Ya know, it never hurts to throw an offer out there - you never know, the answer might be yes. That is not the case this time but thanks.

understandable, im in the process of putting a new front dif in mine..blew it. yours would just work alot better for the trip im about to take

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online