UJOR Build Thread

Gvan

Observer
Wow Chris, your stuff just gets better and better. I can't wait to convert my first (hopefully of many) Ford van using your items..

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I've been missing for a few days, because I've been all over StanVan getting it done. Some late nights were necessary!

I have more details on my testimonial page, so here's a quick run down---

08 E350 V10, 4" UJOR lift, stage 2 front axle, Sterling 10.5 rear w/ARB, Bilstein 5100's, AMP power steps, 285/75/16 BFG AT's, American racing Slot wheels.

600_stanvan3.JPG

I prototyped some new parts that I'm excited about too. A front trac bar setup, V10 heat shield, 2 piece t-case shifter, and I have some new ideas for a more extensive rear axle swap kit. The work never ends.......

Heat Shield
600_HS001.JPG

Trac Bar
trac%20bar%201.JPG

The trac bar was tricky. On this 4" lift, the differential clearance is tight, so the bar has more bends than I like. It works, but I'll revise it on the next van. It certainly was a great way to learn my new bender!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Some updates.... HS001 (V10 heat shield) is now priced, $99.00. More info on my parts page.

Now that StanVan is gone, the Ranger is back in the hot seat. I've been playing with different flat bed ideas for weeks, and finally had to get started in hope that it would all work out. So far so good, I've got some good ideas to make it functional & good looking (I hope at least!)

ranger%20bed2.JPG

You may remember the white 09 that I picked up in VA last month. Well, it's now in CA, and my friend Mikey has been getting ready ever since. This build has been in the planning stages for over 2 years, so it's nice to see it coming together. This van will be somewhat of a Vanaconda clone, it even has my old wheels!!! I'll post pics at it progresses...

kovchian%201.JPG

Kovchian2.JPG

stosh

Chris: Don't you want to post the pics I sent you of StanVan's first day home in Texas?? I'll admit to pilot error in case you think it is bad PR. Stan :sombrero:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Oh, this one?!?!!?

IMG_1214.JPG

I was hiding it because we all know it's nearly impossible to get a UJOR van stuck....... ;)

You managed to do it on the 1st day!!!!

TroySmith80

Adventurer
is a trackbar important on a leaf sprung truck? My '92 Advanced 4x4 E350 does not have a trackbar or any axle centering device other than the leaves. Did your earlier kits have trackbars?

stosh

As you can see from the pic, the surface in the bottom of that pit looked dry, so it wasn't all my fault......and I thought a UJOR van was supposed to go anywhere. Sure glad that little Chevy pickup was nearby to pull me out. However, after that we did some maneuvers that were pretty impressive. Stan:sombrero:

stosh

is a trackbar important on a leaf sprung truck? My '92 Advanced 4x4 E350 does not have a trackbar or any axle centering device other than the leaves. Did your earlier kits have trackbars?
I should wait for Chris' answer first........but I have to admit that he told me it wasn't necessary......but I wanted it anyway. Stan

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

It's not absolutely necessary, but doesn't hurt to be there. This is the first van that I've ever installed a trac/panhard bar on. It helps to eliminate bump steer, and prolongs leaf spring bushing life.

None of my kits have included a trac bar. I'll be offering it soon as an upgrade.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Even the Dana 50's get love here @ UJOR!!!! Putting together a complete conversion for a guy in NV, should be done Mon/Tues. It's half done at this point, because I got a ball joint that was packaged wrong.... and one hub assy came without studs. Oh well.

D50%20henderson.JPG

Made some progress on the Ranger F bumper while I'm waiting for some pieces to be cut for the bed. Getting more comfortable with the bender.

r%20bumper2.JPG

r%20bumper.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears