UJOR Build Thread

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Spoke to a friend last night that has insider Nissan contacts and he said we can pretty much guarantee that the NV will see the Cummins V8.

This is excellent news and I hope to grab one early next year (or sooner)

Nice!!! That engine will be great for the NV. I'm guessing it will see a lot of aftermarket support since the electronics are supposedly the same platform as the current 6.7L and folks using EFILive have those ECMs cracked wide open.

Maybe I could fly out there for a few days and help design some brackets and flat pattern files for your CNC plasma to make this conversion happen faster... :)

skibum315

Explorer
Spoke to a friend last night that has insider Nissan contacts and he said we can pretty much guarantee that the NV will see the Cummins V8.
Holy cow ... I've never really thought of myself as a van guy; but if this is true, between that and your 4x4/lift work, it may just make a liar out of me. Any thoughts yet on t-case options? Atlas maybe? Ox Lockers? ... I'll just be over here dreaming and scheming ...

sixstringsteve

Explorer
You mean this one?
a665d1c6a8e4b81732097eea8b1f51c8.jpg

you know you want to sell that to me.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
No break for lift 2! V10 EB needs to be torn down! Going 6", bumpers, etc.

11924560_1039847522701142_6523980771496279612_n.jpg

1st trip out with the trailer! Feels weird to be "plugged up". Need to add solar and an aux battery to avoid that in the future. Since we already flipped the axles V7 is too low to tow. V4 had to yank it around. Good news is that V7 goes under the knife this week!

11953211_1041362545882973_8783237477749629203_n.jpg

bkbroiler00

Observer
Yes. This kit allows the 271 to be mated with the 4R70 & 4R75. We slightly modify the tail housing and instruct how to drill & tap the transmission case to accept it. The transmission still has to be torn down for this mod and that needs to be done by a professional.

is this a better option than picking up a transmission/transfer case combo from a vehicle that already has 4x4...(like an excursion or f250 for example)?
:truck:

ert01

Adventurer
Looking to do a 4" diamond eye system on my 02 7.3 but there's a couple threads on sportsmobileforum that have me second guessing it due to drone... have you done many 4" systems on 7.3's and what is the general feedback you guys get from customers?

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
Looking to do a 4" diamond eye system on my 02 7.3 but there's a couple threads on sportsmobileforum that have me second guessing it due to drone... have you done many 4" systems on 7.3's and what is the general feedback you guys get from customers?

I just did a diamond eye on my E350 diesel. My wife and I have not noticed any drone at any speed. The first kit that I was sent the down tube from turbo was bent incorrectly. I called diamond eye and explained the problem and they over nighted another down pipe it was also bent incorrectly. (On side note customer service was great) I ended up getting a 4" slip coupling from summit, cut down tube in middle before lower bend, rotated pipe and welded it up. Worked out great but I screwed around with the exhaust for 2 days before it was done. If you do not have the ability to fab you might rethink.
Good Luck

Sorry for hijacking your thread Chris.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
is this a better option than picking up a transmission/transfer case combo from a vehicle that already has 4x4...(like an excursion or f250 for example)?
:truck:

Well, the 4R75 never came in a super duty or excursion so thats not an option. Some guys have swapped in a truck 4x4 trans/t-case but I usually recommend to have your existing transmission converted.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
V7's axle is done! Stage 1 D60 with a SpynTec bearing kit & SSBC rotors & 8 piston calipers. Look forward to running this stuff as a new option for our kits.

11148738_1042220315797196_6343255979514159141_n.jpg

DzlToy

Explorer
Chris,

I have been doing a bit of research on brake systems and components for a "non van" project and found that the multiple piston calipers are often not as good as having fewer, but larger pistons, with regard to stopping power, pedal feel, etc. I have the basics down, but when one gets into calculating swept area, pressures, effective piston areas, floating versus fixed calipers, etc., the maths can get a bit out of hand.

Here are some sites that I found helpful, should you desire to delve into brake system math:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Brakes/ - if the mods rip the link out, just search "brake bible" and it will come up.

http://www.markwilliams.com/braketech.aspx - brake tech from Mark Williams Enterprises

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-hardcore-tech/851498-info-calipers.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears