Unimog Camper ALERT

D

Deleted member 9101

That camper body on a four door super duty and I'd be in heaven...lol

This is the one that Expedition Imports had started isn't it? It's been up for grabs on ebay before with no sale. I think Expedition Imports built the mog and Road Bear RV built the box.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Says it's an '87. How did that get into the country with that whole 25 year classic deal? Shouldn't '85 be the newest possible?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I almost went and test drove/looked at this about 4-5 months ago. , I personally talked to the seller, (real nice guy) and It's not legal to be on the street here (not 25 years old yet) and it's not registered anywhere yet. Of course the guy selling it was fine with all that and said it wouldn't be a problem. He said, register it as a tractor... well, in SOCAL that's not going to work.. but we thought maybe in another state you could get away with it... Well, that was a huge gray area for us, so we didn't even bother looking at it. I'd still love to have it though. The thought even crossed my mind to buy it, store it , maybe put it around on a few trips until it was 2 years older. That's all he's doing right now. It's driving but not supposed to be, if the right person pulled you over (million to one chance), it may get seized. Who knows. It was too iffy for us.

dzzz

Strange.
I wonder if a Canadian could buy it and register. Perhaps it was imported to the U.S. in ignorance.
There's a couple mogs around cheap that seem to have registration issue. Personally I wouldn't take a chance. The seller has likely tried and failed to get it properly registered.

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Probably got in the same way certain "Political figures" were able to get brand new Diesel Mogs to use as campaign trucks... Some pigs are created more equal then others ;) Laws only apply to those in lower tax brackets....

Cheers

Dave

Möglich

Canada only has a 15 year exclusion, which is why we have many Japanese Domestic Market Landcuisers, Hilux Surfs and Mitsubishi Delica 4x4 vans running around here.

A person with dual citizenship could buy and register a 15-25 year old vehicle in Canada and drive it in the USA.

Anything else is a potential seizure situation from what I have read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78