Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

jktowhere

Observer
I plan too reach out this week to see about ordering one. My question is this, with a black jeep do I go full paint black paint or full texture. Not concerned about scratches etc as much as I am heat in the tent.

Also, two people two dogs how do you pack? Shelf back there? I will have a ARB 50qt or dometic cdx-65, still torn here but how do you guys pack? I have a rhino rack so it will be a adjustment

Last edited:
We are two adults 2 dogs and we typically limit ourselves to one duffel each and stow them on the shelf. Dog food in a resealable container between rear roll bar and top wall on top of the fender well. Go with texture you will be happier I honk the look is great.

Picture of the rear build out of our rig for reference

7579c01032f1152530bdf58a7395f272.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Presto88

Adventurer
I'm in Toasty AZ and don't worry about the heat with black texture

Yeah, but your roof is white. At least that's how it looks in the picture. If it was black, the "tent" might get a little warm with the sun on it.

I have a red JKU and I went with an all-black, textured J30 top - the sides, the top, everything. Due to work issues (I hate how work keeps getting in the way of my life) I didn't get to use it nearly as much this summer as I planned but I can say that heat from the all black top didn't really seem too bad to me. But I'm not in Arizona either.

As far as temperature in the cab of the Jeep when the top is down - I don't think it matters much what color it is. Between the cushions and the bedding that I leave up there, the inside of the roof (down in the cab of the Jeep) never seems to warm up at all.

jktowhere

Observer
Those with dogs. I know they can sleep down stairs but do you ever sleep with them up top? I feel the dogs would whine at first and would be nice to have them with us, but night pee time for them if it happens might be a challenge?

MizMoosie

Observer
Those with dogs. I know they can sleep down stairs but do you ever sleep with them up top? I feel the dogs would whine at first and would be nice to have them with us, but night pee time for them if it happens might be a challenge?

I have a 65# standard poodle that sleeps with me up top. She pre-stages in the driver's seat. I set up a collapsible stool covered with a cushion behind the center armrest with the back seats folded down (it also helps me getting up and down). With the hatches removed, on command she will use the stool as a springboard and leaps up top. When getting down, I simply remove both hatches and open the rear passenger door and she can jump down and out the door. It didn't take long for her to learn the routine...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998