USA Defender Officially Coming?

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
I giggled a bit when you said that. It's a Land Rover, not a Ford :)

Why?
Think of the family Rover has and were it will fit?

Range = Baller The Evoque starts at $41k Sport starts at $64k And the Big Daddy $84

Discovery = Family The new Disco sport stats at $37 Disco 4 starts at $50

Defender = Adventure Why is it so hard to think that the Defender would start at in the high 40s?

Red90

Adventurer
It "should" be built to a lower price point, IMO. Mid 20s base model to high 40s optioned out. It should not be a luxury vehicle. Land Rover has lost its way.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
It would be nice if it was in the high 40's but I highly doubt it. It wont be a base/bare model. It's going to be a luxury Rover similar to the Range rover but more off road. I say it will be on par with the Raptor pricing. Starts in the 50's and goes to the 70's.

jdillard

Observer
Depends on where they want to position it. If they want to pit it against the wrangler unlimited, then upper 40s is about right. Rubicon pricing plus a $10k premium.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Depends on where they want to position it. If they want to pit it against the wrangler unlimited, then upper 40s is about right. Rubicon pricing plus a $10k premium.

Fivespeeddisco, this reflects my thinking as well. Remember, the brand no longer is the Best4x4xfar, now it's "Premium Off road" the target is Jeep, only more premium. It SHOULD be a utility truck, but LR's entire culture for the past 15 years has been Jaguar-centric. I just don't see them introducing a bare bones affordable utility truck to the NAS market.

LR Max

Local Oaf
They should follow the JK model. A base model 2 door JK without any off road packages and a stick shift is around $25k (according to my local jeep dealership website). On the flipside, the MSRP on a rubicon unlimited that has visited 4 Wheel parts goes for $56k (WHAT).

Play in that market, but have non-gutless engines and a V8 option and that should give Jeep a run for their money.

Exploder
If I had a dollar for every "new Defender" thread that I'd seen in the last ten years, I could walk in and pay cash for an HSE LR4.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
If I had a dollar for every "new Defender" thread that I'd seen in the last ten years, I could walk in and pay cash for an HSE LR4.

...........................and still have enough leftover for a summer of posh adventuring and filet mignon daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998