Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

California AG wrote snail-mail to me today. If you've been scammed by Vagabond Outdoors LLC, please file a complaint with the California AG.

Bottom-line is that the state cannot go after a business for several factors; one in particular being that this is a private interest and not yet public. If enough individuals come forward with similar complaints regarding Vagabond, it becomes a public consumer protection act issue and the office of the AG may pursue at that point. I'll keep the flame on with the AG office as I believe this is a public concern, as Vagabond continues to collect payments for merchandise it will never deliver to unsuspecting customers.

Don’t blame anyone for taking legal action. We are unable to do a charge back because we used debit. Thankfully we never made the second payment. But our camper is 80% done, and we were able to get our canvas completed directly from Canvas Works. What do I do? How do I get someone to legally let me into the warehouse so I can just get my Drifter?!

driveby

I would keep an eye out for whoever the receiver is. They want money, you have money. They have the Drifter you want. You *may* just be able to pay off the difference and get what you want. As for “your” it’s theirs until the contract completes as I understand creditor rules.

mista_g

Thank you. Sadly my CC is no help, wont let me dispute anything over 2 years old. Just turned 40 last month and have never had to dispute a charge in my life, so I didn't know about the 2 years thing... Sigh :cry:.

I’m with you. We paid with cash because we saved up for this thing and didn’t want interest so the charge back has never been an option for us.
Thank you. Sadly my CC is no help, wont let me dispute anything over 2 years old. Just turned 40 last month and have never had to dispute a charge in my life, so I didn't know about the 2 years thing... Sigh :cry:.

CrewCabCaddy

Hello All,
I am another Vagabond Outdoor (Nomad) purchaser, whose Nomad is "on the floor" in the Benecia shop.
My son lives near San Fran and can go knock on the door...but sounds like that may not be fruitful unless it is landlord that can let us in???
I just want to get my 80% done shell and then order the parts to finish it myself...

I don't want to file against them...but if it is only way to get my mostly done Nomad...I could be persuaded.
I am up in Washington State, but could be there in 24 hours or less if needed...

thanks to all those trying to get us in the door to our campers...
what can I do to help?

Rone Brewer

For those of you currently on the "I want to go get my mostly completed camper" train, please take note of the Pelfreybilt scandal of about 5 years ago. It's basically a similar situation and can provide some context and potential guidance.

Pelfreybilt was an aftermarket Toyota armor manufacturer known for its sliders, bumpers, and other stuff. They were beloved in the industry for their high quality parts, consistent delivery timeframes, and exceptional customer service. They made some bad financial decisions and overnight they closed shop and filed for bankruptcy. Customers who had seen their bumpers on the floor nearing completion made attempts to go and secure their fully paid for goods, however they were ultimately unsuccessful due to the nature of the bankruptcy filing. The place was locked up tight with no entry permitted. Basically everything that was on the property now belonged to the bank and would eventually be sold at auction months later. Some of these customers again saw their bumpers/armor on the floor in photos advertising the upcoming auction. Some finagled work around to have someone go buy their bumper at the auction, or other clever ways to secure their goods, but most were unsuccessful.

In short if you know your stuff is on the floor in Benicia close to completion, you should already be on the road to get there and not reading online. Once the bank closes the doors, they won't care that you paid X dollars already.

I'm sorry this is happening to all that have invested in their orders. I truly believed VO made a great product and we enjoyed ours while we had it. It's a bummer to see it go down like this.

CrewCabCaddy

Great input from Mr. Nobody (love that username by the way)...
I am also working in the Facebook Vagabond group on this same process/attempt, via my wife's (M. Brewer) Facebook account
There are two folks making calls, attempting to find a key to open the doors, so we are not "breaking and entering" per se.
Also there is attempt at getting to Phil via any back door of communication possible, but, with absolutely no negatives on Phil, I don't think he will be able to communicate with anyone for legal reasons.
Here I reiterate, I am not currently interested in pursuing any legal action against Vagabond/Phil.
I'm just trying to get the campers that are on the floor to their rightful owners.

Simply, for now:
1. We need to know how many campers there are on the floor and who the owners are, so we can communicate directly with owners.
Anyone with a camper please text me at the phone number above, or private message me here or via the M. Brewer postings on the Vagabond facebook page
I've had one person from this thread text me already, that works great, and probably set up a group text once we have some folks together.
2. We need a key to open the door
3. We need a date/time to be at the door

I can be there within 24 hours and I have a trailer onto which I could load 2 more campers for holding/delivery for owners.
the other person who texted me also is in Washington near me...

It's a small chance, but all I've got...so need help to make this happens, but can only help each other if we get onto one group text/email/calling...

CrewCabCaddy

Folks with camper currently in the shop/on the floor, please Private Message me here or text me at number below so I can get us on a group text. We have 3 or 4 of these folks already on board.

I am going through some recent pictures posted on Facebook Vagabond page to zoom in and see who the campers belong too...will attempt to contact those folks as I can read their names in the photos.

Next we need to get the door opened...any help is appreciated...one person already calling building owner, but no reply yet...I think he is the best bet as must also have some contact with Phil. I'd love to hear from Phil if anyone has a connection...know that is unlikely...just keeping the door open.

If can get a time/date for open door, will text the group and head down with my trailer, can get mine plus two more on the trailer, as folks want them to be picked up and cannot make it to the shop. I'll bring tools and drill/bits as I intend to bolt my camper to the truck, but if you are going to pick up a camper, bring your own clamps/bolts/drills/tools also.

Definitely still a work in progress...will advise if any progress...Trying!

Rone Brewer
NW Washington

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78