WarnerD9 's 2011 4Runner TE build thread

soonenough

Explorer
Wow awesome build. I saw your rig on CBI's website and was drooling over the rear bumper build...I just now saw this thread here on ExPo. :drool:

WarnerD9

Builder
I appreciate the compliments and am glad that you are enjoying it. I've done a few and this is by far my favorite and most versatile build.

I ran the tank as dry as I dared, filled it up with 40.1 gallons. I got 582 mile out of that liquid gold, equating to 14.52MPG. I figure I could have squeezed out another 10-20 miles but I couldn't risk it. The tank seems to gravity fill since it is mounted up higher than the main. Once about two thirds of the aux is gone they both start draining at about the same rate. Once the main goes to three quarters the aux is empty. During heavy weather changes it will throw evap codes but they go away when the weather stabilizes. It is similar to what I experienced when I had the Man-A-Fre setup in the FJ. Overall very happy with it. I'm sure that others are getting better mileage than I am and could get more range out of the extra 18 gallons but it effectively doubles my range. I highly recommend the mod to anyone interested, and CBI did a great job.

WarnerD9

Builder
Swapped out the Rotopax for Matrax and expeditionone water Geri can

5yhurejy.jpg

byryja2y.jpg

4a4adamy.jpg

WarnerD9

Builder
Had some fun down in Moab...

pegemu2a.jpg

ujeduqy7.jpg

ry7udyvu.jpg

a6ubymav.jpg

Cleaning out the newly acquired sand
ra2a9uhe.jpg

e2u5u6e3.jpg

6uru3ymy.jpg

qyre3ahu.jpg

3umuzebu.jpg

ma5e7ape.jpg

We found a big water hole and I got lucky. BFG MTs and ATRAC saved my bacon...

ybu5y3y7.jpg

eqemuna2.jpg

y9y5ezup.jpg

yhe2u7u5.jpg

Nice and dirty after the hole and dragging the Taco out...
uveju3a8.jpg

My friend wasn't so lucky in his Taco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR4MyWKXj-8
7usuje4a.jpg

re8ubu9e.jpg

Inside the cab
a3udevu2.jpg

Some redneck CV ripped boot repair.
aduju7uh.jpg

The CV ended up self destructing, but he was able to drive the truck home without any issues.

Ran into Jeremy that night and spoke with him in the morning, very nice guy and nice well used rig.
a5y4ynab.jpg

uscg2008

Explorer
Sweet mother of god that's a deep *** hole!!! Did you guys check it before you went for it or did you just pin it to win it?!??!

WarnerD9

Builder
Didn't have a choice, it was the only thing between us and dry land. No checking like we should have but it made for a great time until the taco got stuck. But an unforgettable experience overall.

WarnerD9

Builder
We went down a branch from the main Kane Creek trail. The whole trail has been pretty washed out, much tougher than I remember it being last year. It was still beautiful and perhaps my favorite Moab trail. One of our group members didn't make it...

a7u4a6yb.jpg

Just kidding, but that gives you an idea of how much water has gone through recently. That thing still has nearly all it's parts.

Here are a few more pics.

epypunet.jpg

upume2yg.jpg

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Amazing rig, truly makes me want to go get a 4Runner tomorrow. Keep up the clean well thought out build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan