WARNING - SCAMMERS

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
We could just go on strike and not log in for 2 months and force them to make the change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This place is already a shell of what it was 5-10 years ago. So, do you think they'd even notice more leaving?

Screenshot 2023-05-09 152735.png

Last edited:

NatersXJ6

Explorer
If you pick up in person and pay cash, things rarely go wrong. I’ve had a couple of great trips to buy stuff on Expo, all the way from Phoenix to Seattle. Good fun and not a scam in sight!

ThundahBeagle

But there is...

Add the minimum required post count to the classifieds section, as have most other forums in existence have.

This not only cuts down on scammers dramatically, it also weeds out the flood of trash ads taking advantage of the market constantly flipping poor quality vehicles.

Myself, and several others have been asking for this for years here.

Dont want to be the teachers pet asking for homework but periodic password changes with a limited amount of wrong attempts would also help, if that's possible in the system. Along with MFA, yes. Dude in his mother's basement in North Korea doesnt have your cell phone. Sure it's not fool proof but it goes a long way, and nothing is fool proof

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
This place is already a shell of what it was 5-10 years ago. So, do you think they'd even notice more leaving?

View attachment 777733

To be fair that’s with most 4x4 related forums

They start off with a good core group of like mind individuals sharing ideas

Then they’re flooded with 4,629,826 posts about “what the biggest size tire I can fit” posts and the core group gets bored and irritated and moves elsewhere.

Also, the content eventually gets really stale

How many posts do members really want to see about the latest $300 titanium overland shovel and the like?

It makes me sad what this place has turned into, but if you search hard enough, there is still some great valuable info, DEEPLY BURIED amongst the nonsense here.

sabjku

Observer
This is my golden rule, I will never buy anything online , from anyone, unless I have a good, old fashioned phone conversation with them, and a video call, with the item present. End of story. Forget all this back and forth emailing, texting, etc-get right down to business with a phone conversation.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
This is my golden rule, I will never buy anything online , from anyone, unless I have a good, old fashioned phone conversation with them, and a video call, with the item present. End of story. Forget all this back and forth emailing, texting, etc-get right down to business with a phone conversation.

100%

First thing when i am buying or selling anything online is an immediate phone call

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris

Then they’re flooded with 4,629,826 posts about “what the biggest size tire I can fit” posts and the core group gets bored and irritated and moves elsewhere.

How many posts do members really want to see about the latest $300 titanium overland shovel and the like?

It makes me sad what this place has turned into, but if you search hard enough, there is still some great valuable info, DEEPLY BURIED amongst the nonsense here.

Forgot the "what motor oil should I run?" question and resulting thermal nuclear war that follows.....

ThundahBeagle

And of those 4,629,826 posts about tire size...if ONLY someone had done a SEARCH in the first place, they probably wouldnt have to ask that 4,629,827th time

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
And of those 4,629,826 posts about tire size...if ONLY someone had done a SEARCH in the first place, they probably wouldnt have to ask that 4,629,827th time
That’s good advice… Unless you use the expedition portal that has about the lousiest search engine possible for trying to find information in these threads! Lol!

How many of you have actually tried using the search engine here successfully? Every time I use it it’s strips the majority. The words out of my inquiry is saying that they’re too common! So the results of my search comes up with garbage.

Last edited:

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
That’s good advice… Unless you use the expedition portal that has about the lousiest search engine possible for trying to find information in these threads! Lol!

How many of you have actually tried using the search engine here successfully? Every time I use it it’s strips the majority. The words out of my inquiry is saying that they’re too common! So the results of my search comes up with garbage.

Yeah it's garbage. Also like a lot of forums, it won't search 3 letter words. Solution; copy this and paste it with the words or phrases you want after it in chrome and push enter: site:expeditionportal.com/forum

ThundahBeagle

Perhaps so. I wont debate you there sir. I'm a determined type, when I get to searching and checking old threads. Not everyone is, so they may not go to the great plains I do. You are right, it should be easier

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
You mean, you can search for topics here?

Okay, I'll lend some financial assistance, just to help out. When you want to buy anything, notify me and I'll send you a routing number you can use your debit cards with, I'll take care of the rest. You're welcome! :)

"Graduate of the Barnum University"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior