What do you use for a truck gun?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Just found this on Wikipedia

“The 870's production for over 30 years had a design whereby a user could fail to press a shell all the way into the magazine when loading - so that the shell latch did not engage the shell - which could result in tying up the gun. This was caused by the shell slipping out of the magazine under the bolt in the receiver to bind the action, requiring rough treatment of the action or even disassembly. The potential issue was resolved with the introduction of the "Flexi Tab" carrier. Guns with this modification can be identified by the "U"-shaped cut-out on the carrier, visible from below the gun. The cut-out, combined with a modified machining on the underside of the slide assembly, allows the action to be opened with a shell on the carrier.[15]

Interesting. Given the added QC on the PMag guns not sure if this was an issue.?? I taught and ran the PMag for 15 years and other then some failure drills I don't recall this ever happening on our Patrol 18" or 14" entry 870's......could have just been luck. Thanks,

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Here's my truck banger, I can shoot trucks all day with this thing.

1672942002637.png
Panzer 12 Ga. Semi-auto with 8 and 15 round clips, good with 00 or slugs, not really a bird gun as it takes high velocity rounds to cycle.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
In Californiastan citizens shouldn't have pea shooters, they are all crazy! Knowing they even have CCW permits is scary.

I’m sorry but I believe you got that kinda backwards. It’s actually all of the folks there who don’t have CCW’s that are the scary ones.

Meanwhile, here’s one of the truck guns I take along on my camping trips. It’s a very large caliber revolver and you can load up to 5 different sauces in it:
E75775AD-5A27-46F4-9E80-1D59D7E715AB.png

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I was really liking the Defiance actions too. Maybe Bob can keep a good thing going. Hope he keeps the Sport side of his expertise in the company. I have a short Deviant action in 6mm Creedmoor that Is my favorite.

View attachment 759486

I doubt he screw up manufacturing, but he literally just raised all action prices $600-700 across the board this week.

I’m typically not a chassis fan at all, but I do like that MPA chassis quite a bit. I had a buddy that didn’t shoot much leave his PRC with me, and asked me to kill a few with it to see how I liked it. 6.5 PRC, MPA chassis, impact 737 action, TriggerTech Diamond, Proof carbon 8 twists”, and ATACR 5-25. That dang rifle got me to wanting one pretty bad lol I keep talking myself out of it though, as I’m a more typical stock guy. I despise Manners with a passion, but I’ve owned more than I care to admit. Lately been running AG adjustable hunters.

my night time killing stick up top in 22 Creed with an AG Hunter and XG50 on top of it. Daytime killing stick on bottom in 6 Creed in another Manners CS with ATACR 4-16 on top of it.

Attachments

• 12EF3FB6-FF53-4045-AC5E-809AAB8403B4.jpeg
    12EF3FB6-FF53-4045-AC5E-809AAB8403B4.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

WSS

Rock Stacker
I doubt he screw up manufacturing, but he literally just raised all action prices $600-700 across the board this week.

I’m typically not a chassis fan at all, but I do like that MPA chassis quite a bit. I had a buddy that didn’t shoot much leave his PRC with me, and asked me to kill a few with it to see how I liked it. 6.5 PRC, MPA chassis, impact 737 action, TriggerTech Diamond, Proof carbon 8 twists”, and ATACR 5-25. That dang rifle got me to wanting one pretty bad lol I keep talking myself out of it though, as I’m a more typical stock guy. I despise Manners with a passion, but I’ve owned more than I care to admit. Lately been running AG adjustable hunters.

my night time killing stick up top in 22 Creed with an AG Hunter and XG50 on top of it. Daytime killing stick on bottom in 6 Creed in another Manners CS with ATACR 4-16 on top of it.

I had not noticed the price hike, pretty steep one. Personally, Defiance actions are a deal, or at least were a deal. LOL. There actions are machined after hardening to maintain stability and tolerance. That is a "value added" chore in itself.

I am a newbie in the precision rifle world. Love pushing the limit and the challenge.

Beautiful rifles! Love the Cerakote, nice patterns.

I think this is an old McMillan stock I redid in kuiui for for a buddy that builds some awesome rifles. Also a Tenacity I coated, had to mask the inside very carefully, the tolerance is amazing on those actions.IMG_4816(1).JPGIMG_4165.JPGIMG_4167(1).JPG

Last edited:

stevo_pct

What do Canadians do when deep in grizzly country? I know you cannot carry on the trail, but if you had a shotgun in your truck/camper, would it still need to be unloaded and locked?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
What do Canadians do when deep in grizzly country? I know you cannot carry on the trail, but if you had a shotgun in your truck/camper, would it still need to be unloaded and locked?
Generally bear spray. That and follow safety guidelines to try and avoid encounters in the 1st place.

But, FYI:

Authorization to carry
In general, the only firearms allowed for wilderness protection are non-restricted rifles and shotguns.

However, Canadian residents may be authorized to carry a handgun or restricted long gun for wilderness protection or for lawful occupational purposes if they:

• are licensed to possess restricted firearms
  • are a licensed professional trapper
  • need protection from wild animals in their job
Transporting safety – ATT
Non-restricted firearms must be unloaded during transportation.

For restricted and prohibited firearms:

• unload them
  • attach secure locks
  • lock them in a strong, non-transparent container
  • obtain an Authorization to Transport
If you must leave any class of firearm in an unattended vehicle:

• lock them in the trunk or in a similar lockable compartment
  • put secured firearms and firearm containers out of sight and lock the vehicle

This is for Alberta. Not sure if other provinces have different laws. (

Non restricted generally refers to long guns.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I had not noticed the price hike, pretty steep one. Personally, Defiance actions are a deal, or at least were a deal. LOL. There actions are machined after hardening to maintain stability and tolerance. That is a "value added" chore in itself.

I am a newbie in the precision rifle world. Love pushing the limit and the challenge.

Beautiful rifles! Love the Cerakote, nice patterns.

I think this is an old McMillan stock I redid in kuiui for for a buddy that builds some awesome rifles. Also a Tenacity I coated, had to mask the inside very carefully, the tolerance is amazing on those actions.View attachment 759535View attachment 759536View attachment 759537

a good buddy of mine owns Texas Custom Rifles, and I’m good friends with about 6-7 other smaller precision rifle smiths. I built my first custom 6.5 about 12 years ago on a Stiller Predator action. Come a long ways since then. I showed a pic of my 3 year olds RimX on a Manners CS earlier. Here’s one I justput together today. Had TCR chamber it this week while I was in South Texas for work, and picked it up on my way home this morning. Got it bolted up about an hour ago. This is a 6 Creed as well, and it’s my 7 year old nephews new killing stick. Now he can give me mine back lol he’s damn near burned the barrel out on hogs and deer the last two years lol

Reactions: WSS

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
First just drive away!

Secondly, you can't be "deep in grizzly country" in a vehicle, being in deep isn't on a highway or generally where humane creatures gather, but your paths may cross.

In that event you can carry a shotgun, loaded in the woods away from civilization, primarily because no Mounty is sitting at that intersection taking notes or writing tickets. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior