What do you use for a truck gun?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
First just drive away!

Secondly, you can't be "deep in grizzly country" in a vehicle, being in deep isn't on a highway or generally where humane creatures gather, but your paths may cross.

In that event you can carry a shotgun, loaded in the woods away from civilization, primarily because no Mounty is sitting at that intersection taking notes or writing tickets. :rolleyes:
Can't recall if it was a brown bear or grizzly, but one strolled right through the provincial campsite in Kananaskis where my daughter and boyfriend were camping last year. They got a video of it. Just strolling right down the road inside the campground and you can hear campers calling out 'bear...." No one seemed panicked?

I spied this guy (def a grizzly) on the side of the road last year too:
Grizzly.jpg

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Can't recall if it was a brown bear or grizzly, but one strolled right through the provincial campsite in Kananaskis where my daughter and boyfriend were camping last year. They got a video of it. Just strolling right down the road inside the campground and you can hear campers calling out 'bear...." No one seemed panicked?

View attachment 760078
Nice bear, leave critters alone and they leave you alone, generally. If you do something stupid, they might let you know.

Suppressors are legal in Texas with a tax stamp and ones made by TEXANS for TEXANS only... are legal as far as the state is concerned even without the infringing $200 federal tax.. but true the atf would knock if known but I hear there are so many tragic boating accidents where items are lost for ever its a miracle they ever find anything accept the ones they sold fast and furious to the cartels.?.

Oooooh......End of year trade-in deal find.

I've always liked "working guns", guns that have actually been carried and used and show signs of wear/patina.

Found this little gem at the local gun/LE store and picked it up as another "Truck/Shop" gun.

12 ga. Remington 870 "Police Magnum" with rifle sights and wood hardware....old school and, a "Larimer County Colorado" inventory sticker, a trade-in from the Sheriff's Office. It's seen some miles and shows some wear but, runs perfect and goes boom. If only it could talk......

View attachment 758838View attachment 758839View attachment 758840
Saw these photos and instantly recognized this 870 for what it is. 870s similar to this one were a part of my office windshield view off and on over 35 years depending on my assignment. I enjoyed seeing these photos.

WSS

Rock Stacker
Suppressors are legal in Texas with a tax stamp and ones made by TEXANS for TEXANS only... are legal as far as the state is concerned even without the infringing $200 federal tax.. but true the atf would knock if known but I hear there are so many tragic boating accidents where items are lost for ever its a miracle they ever find anything accept the ones they sold fast and furious to the cartels.?.

IMG_1256.JPG

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral

View attachment 760078

Wow, what a nice bear, beautiful, I'd like to pet it and take it home to my mother-in-law.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Saw these photos and instantly recognized this 870 for what it is. 870s similar to this one were a part of my office windshield view off and on over 35 years depending on my assignment. I enjoyed seeing these photos.

Big Smile.......

30 here, well done brother.

But, when I came on in 87 the first two rack guns in the cars I was low man in were a Winchester Defender 12 ga. and a Western Auto 12 ga........nothing but the best back then! It was a few years later, after several DIS's and LL came out that we moved to all Remington 870 PM with slugs, 870 Express LL and 14" 870's for Special Units. So, this one brings back a ton of "working gun" memories aswell. Cheers.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
If you live in the PNW, you can snag a great deal on a 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action this week at BiMart (of all places!), just sayin’.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
$50,000 fine for any LEO commissioned in the State of Missouri, in connection with enforcing any federal gun law or assisting any federal agent carrying out the same.

Don't need no Form 4!

Which reminds me to order those VW muffler tip pipes and rubber hose clamps.

Not only that, but in Missouri, no CC permit required and if you shoot anything just claim self-defense and they won't arrest you on the spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior