What do you use for a truck gun?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
$50,000 fine for any LEO commissioned in the State of Missouri, in connection with enforcing any federal gun law or assisting any federal agent carrying out the same.

Don't need no Form 4!

Which reminds me to order those VW muffler tip pipes and rubber hose clamps.

Not only that, but in Missouri, no CC permit required and if you shoot anything just claim self-defense and they won't arrest you on the spot.

Check the current law, federal law, case law and criminal investigative protocols on these, a lot of bad info in this post.

(25 years OTJ in KC retired)

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Check the current law, federal law, case law and criminal investigative protocols on these, a lot of bad info in this post.

(25 years OTJ in KC retired)

Hopefully, no one will act in any manner to test this stuff, but this is what I saw again yesterday, basically Castle Doctrine.

It's the way things sit today, BUT, this issue of not assisting federal agents is in the Courts. Many DA's and LE Departments are fighting Gov. Parsons over his confederacy. My bet is, is that this will not stand as federal law preempts state law.

Make no doubt about it, shoot someone and then claiming self defense, in Mo., the initial investigators will identify you, know where you are and continue any proper investigation, just because you aren't arrested on the spot doesn't mean you're free to go or you won't end up in jail later on. Unless there is clear evidence to the contrary or witnesses, your initial defense will allow you to go home, but that doesn't mean the situation is over.

My comment wasn't meant to give advice but rather show the hypocrisy of Mo. State lawmakers.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
It's the way things sit today, BUT, this issue of not assisting federal agents is in the Courts. Many DA's and LE Departments are fighting Gov. Parsons over his confederacy. My bet is, is that this will not stand as federal law preempts state law.
This has recently been ruled unconstitutional right now (March 23) and is still going through the courts. It'll lose. Local LEO's assigned to federal task forces are still investigating, arresting and charging career criminals federally with no $50k finds being administered. It would be ridiculous if such fines were handed down in such cases.

Make no doubt about it, shoot someone and then claiming self defense, in Mo., the initial investigators will identify you, know where you are and continue any proper investigation, just because you aren't arrested on the spot doesn't mean you're free to go or you won't end up in jail later on. Unless there is clear evidence to the contrary or witnesses, your initial defense will allow you to go home, but that doesn't mean the situation is over.
This type of objective "self defense" incident/investigation has never changed (at least in the 20 years I was a Detective/Detective Sergeant/Investigations Captain) Unless they are a flight risk, risk to the community, risk to those involved, other articulable risk factors (including Missouri's 24 hour detention rule) it's normal for the person of interest to be released (on the spot or from formal interviews, etc.) to conduct a full investigation, review all the evidence and consult with the PA prior to indictment, warrant, arrest. But, simply making the claim it was in self defense will not guarantee one is not arrested on the spot.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
This has recently been ruled unconstitutional right now (March 23) and is still going through the courts. It'll lose. Local LEO's assigned to federal task forces are still investigating, arresting and charging career criminals federally with no $50k finds being administered. It would be ridiculous if such fines were handed down in such cases.

This type of objective "self defense" incident/investigation has never changed (at least in the 20 years I was a Detective/Detective Sergeant/Investigations Captain) Unless they are a flight risk, risk to the community, risk to those involved, other articulable risk factors (including Missouri's 24 hour detention rule) it's normal for the person of interest to be released (on the spot or from formal interviews, etc.) to conduct a full investigation, review all the evidence and consult with the PA prior to indictment, warrant, arrest. But, simply making the claim it was in self defense will not guarantee one is not arrested on the spot.
Sounds argumentative, I didn't say anything to the contrary actually, as of 9/30/23 that's what was reported on the news here.

I didn't say to be released initially you must claim self defense, but if you do, and subject to the matters you stated, chances of release will be better. That is an opinion, not in the Statutes.

Ah so, "Career Criminals" yes and totally a different color and glad that continues, but ask the Sherrif in Burton or Ozark Counties, they live in a different world than KC or STL. According to the Sherrif's comments, the biggest issue is not being able to send or receive forensic data to or from the FBI and ATF.

I also agree, when the day is over, I doubt that disenfranchisement will survive the courts.

(If we have to toss our badges out, only 3 years as a Deputy in Jefferson Parrish and 32 years dealing in corporate legal matters, 8 of which as a federal examiner. After retirement I was admitted to MU Law School in an advisory capacity for faculty, alumni and students. We don't need a pis**** contest.)

Edited: And, I don't really keep up with gun laws, I just carry mine and don't really need to spend time with such matters anymore.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Sounds argumentative, I didn't say anything to the contrary actually, as of 9/30/23 that's what was reported on the news here.

I didn't say to be released initially you must claim self defense, but if you do, and subject to the matters you stated, chances of release will be better. That is an opinion, not in the Statutes.

Ah so, "Career Criminals" yes and totally a different color and glad that continues, but ask the Sherrif in Burton or Ozark Counties, they live in a different world than KC or STL. According to the Sherrif's comments, the biggest issue is not being able to send or receive forensic data to or from the FBI and ATF.

I also agree, when the day is over, I doubt that disenfranchisement will survive the courts.

(If we have to toss our badges out, only 3 years as a Deputy in Jefferson Parrish and 32 years dealing in corporate legal matters, 8 of which as a federal examiner. After retirement I was admitted to MU Law School in an advisory capacity for faculty, alumni and students. We don't need a pis**** contest.)

Edited: And, I don't really keep up with gun laws, I just carry mine and don't really need to spend time with such matters anymore.
Sorry for hurting your feelings.

SpeyRod

Which gun is a matter of where I am going. In town, in OR, it will be my carry gun and soon to be suppressed 9mm pcc. Out of town/back country, in OR, it’s a suppressed SBR, either Wilson 300blk or PSA 6.5 Grendel. Out of state, where legal, it will be a suppressed 14.5 pw 5.56 Noveske.

MisterNoisy

My carry most times - a P365XL in an Aliengear IWB at 4 o'clock. If I'm going out innawoods, I throw my HD gun in (16" mid gas semi-lightweight AR with a light, red dot and backup irons).

bartheil

Living in the United Arab Emirates, a muslim country, there is no need for truck guns. It's safe out here.
The worst that can happen is Amazon leaving a package in front of your gate in the summer and the content melts when you're not home in time.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Living in the United Arab Emirates, a muslim country, there is no need for truck guns. It's safe out here.
The worst that can happen is Amazon leaving a package in front of your gate in the summer and the content melts when you're not home in time.
Well when you steal from a Walgreens in San Francisco you get a slap on the wrist- in the UAE you get your wrist cut off- see the difference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online