What happened to the sierra 4x4 thread from yesterday?

deymann

I bought a trailer from him last year. Numerous problems with contacting him and getting updates, pictures, or returned phone calls and e-mails. The trailer was about 2 months late, which isn't too bad, compared to what people are going through now. We were friends on facebook until I had posted on my page that I had my trailer for sale because I wanted to buy a Moby1 XTR. He de-friended me. Hahaha. Real mature….

nickmimi

Adventurer
I picked up my trailer yesterday, it is perfect. I have to say Chris has been busy trying to get these out. Best thing I can say now is have patience with him and keep trying to call. You won't be disappointed with the trailer.

When did you order yours?

If anyone wants input on my experience please pm me. I have transcripts of the entire process. If you look at my posts you can see the one I a am selling and I can give you the story behind it. Great trailer, but there is a lot behind the scenes. I posted some commentary but was censored by the powers that be.

Just remember that in our culture today everyone is a winner irregardless of results. No one wants to confront reality.

NetDep

Adventurer
I bought a trailer from him last year. Numerous problems with contacting him and getting updates, pictures, or returned phone calls and e-mails. The trailer was about 2 months late, which isn’t too bad, compared to what people are going through now. We were friends on facebook until I had posted on my page that I had my trailer for sale because I wanted to buy a Moby1 XTR. He de-friended me. Hahaha. Real mature….

Looking seriously @ the Moby1...have had a friend who lives local drive by to verify the physical location -- it is which will take me to flying over this winter to spec it out and put a deposit. Did you end up with a Moby? Do you like it? How was the build/delivery process?

Thanks in advance -- all the S4X4 stuff got me a little "gunshy".....

:)

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Looking seriously @ the Moby1...have had a friend who lives local drive by to verify the physical location -- it is which will take me to flying over this winter to spec it out and put a deposit. Did you end up with a Moby? Do you like it? How was the build/delivery process?

Thanks in advance -- all the S4X4 stuff got me a little "gunshy".....

:)

I flew up to Provo to check out Moby1 about a month ago. We spent about half a day at their shop, and also visited their frame and suspension manufacture's facility. We had given Moby1 a refundable deposit to hold a production spot for an XTR, contingent on our visit. If I recall correctly, we were number 7 on the production list. I pulled out of the deal because I wasn't comfortable Moby1 could meet our schedule. (which was delivery by March 2013)

At the time of our visit, Moby1 was in the very early stages of production for the XTR. Not what I would consider "production mode". IMHO, Moby1 is a small shop. (I only saw one employee plus Ashley- that includes front office and production) In late September, Ashley's plan was to be able to produce 1 trailer a month for the next couple months until he could hire more people. After that, he thought production would jump to several a month.

Ashley's communication was always prompt and courteous. I would highly recommend making the trip to Utah to check out the trailer, and the facility, for yourself. Nothing beats first hand knowledge!

NetDep

Adventurer
I flew up to Provo to check out Moby1 about a month ago. We spent about half a day at their shop, and also visited their frame and suspension manufacture's facility. We had given Moby1 a refundable deposit to hold a production spot for an XTR, contingent on our visit. If I recall correctly, we were number 7 on the production list. I pulled out of the deal because I wasn't comfortable Moby1 could meet our schedule. (which was delivery by March 2013)

At the time of our visit, Moby1 was in the very early stages of production for the XTR. Not what I would consider "production mode". IMHO, Moby1 is a small shop. (I only saw one employee plus Ashley- that includes front office and production) In late September, Ashley's plan was to be able to produce 1 trailer a month for the next couple months until he could hire more people. After that, he thought production would jump to several a month.

Ashley's communication was always prompt and courteous. I would highly recommend making the trip to Utah to check out the trailer, and the facility, for yourself. Nothing beats first hand knowledge!

Thank you SO much for the info!! We did have friends do a "drive by" and check things out. Like you - they said it did exist and your information provided is very helpful. Also good to know that that type of a "hold" is possible. We will fly over winter for a get together and I have taken a week off in June to drive over and get it and camp back. Again - thanks for sharing your experience!!

Hope you are happy with whatever way to adventure you choose!!!

Tim

Calilove1

Jeep & Camping Enthusiast
Finally got my trailer last Thursday! I had ordered at the end of February and was promised an end of march delivery for a spring break trip we had planned.

Still waiting on delivery of my max coupler ordered in January from Sierra 4x4 but in the meantime I'm using Chris's used one he towed it to me with.

So far I'm happy with the trailer minus some misc details that were left out in the final product that I had asked for but those are easy for me to finish if need be. The experience of getting the trailer after so many missed delivery dates and promises will sadly probably always leave me with a bad taste towards Sierra 4x4.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352930481.511955.jpg

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Ya think.....sour taste? I'm happy for you!!!!! I'm still amazed at how patient his clients are.......me.....my hair would be on fire (if I had hair) .....
I got put off by a parts vendor 30days once I was so pissed that they sent me a free shirt and hat. Got my stuff a week later.
Why do folks put up with this impolite, not respectful treatment? February .......OMG.
but still its great you got it....would love more pics and truely hope the sour turns to oh so sweet on the first outing :D;)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Finally got my trailer last Thursday! I had ordered at the end of February and was promised an end of march delivery for a spring break trip we had planned.

Still waiting on delivery of my max coupler ordered in January from Sierra 4x4 but in the meantime I'm using Chris's used one he towed it to me with.

So far I'm happy with the trailer minus some misc details that were left out in the final product that I had asked for but those are easy for me to finish if need be. The experience of getting the trailer after so many missed delivery dates and promises will sadly probably always leave me with a bad taste towards Sierra 4x4.
View attachment 131003

Good looking trailer. Nice color. Is it matching to tow vehicle?

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I was going to buy a lid from them & added my 2 sense & the mods said something to the effect that we were all there for other reasons that were not related

I will build my own

It is apparent how the food chain is

nickmimi

Adventurer
Finally took deliverly of our trailer last night. It is nice. Very frustrating process. Ordered in April. Told 8-12 weeks at the latest. Will post pics when I have the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger