What happened to the sierra 4x4 thread from yesterday?

RFDGUY

Observer
Hey Calilove1,

I'm still waiting on my maxcoupler too! I ended up ordering from Adventure Trailers. Got it in 3 days shipped to my door.

Calilove1

Jeep & Camping Enthusiast
Holy crap! Well at least this time I owe him about three times what the coupler is worth so maybe he will motivate and get it handled.

Calilove1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354034621.338771.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354034680.738006.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354034712.171485.jpg
I'm happy to report I am out enjoying the trailer and RTT. Still need to get some lights on the trailer (Sierra 4x4 didn't finish) and need to resolve a few other issues (rust already?, tailgate catches bending, mounting location for hot water shower, awning addition) but all in all I'm sure I'll enjoy the heck out of it.

Calilove1

Yea.. Got rust stains in the seams between the frame and top plate and now also showing in the swing parts of the tire carrier. Not sure if its just a powder coat job gone wrong or more. I've asked sierra4x4 to get me my max coupler and help resolve this rust issue before I make my final $700 for the "extras" I had added immediately after the original order and payment in full at the beginning.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Finally got my trailer last Thursday! I had ordered at the end of February and was promised an end of march delivery for a spring break trip we had planned.

Still waiting on delivery of my max coupler ordered in January from Sierra 4x4 but in the meantime I'm using Chris's used one he towed it to me with.

So far I'm happy with the trailer minus some misc details that were left out in the final product that I had asked for but those are easy for me to finish if need be. The experience of getting the trailer after so many missed delivery dates and promises will sadly probably always leave me with a bad taste towards Sierra 4x4.
View attachment 131003

Was just looking at your rig on Facebook on the CVT page! Small world...glad to see these finally getting out to their new owners.

Johnainny

Observer
SIERRA TRAILER

I have not posted anything since they locked the last post and that I was still trying to get my trailer from Chris. In the end I did get the trailer with much frustration. I had to make the arraignments for shipping the trailer through my wife's job. Chris did help out with the shipping since the quote that he had given me was much less then both of us thought. I did get the trailer but was missing the max coupler, ARB slide for the frig and the table for the side. When I called Chris and ask him he advised me that he had those items in the trailer but that he had to take them out of the trailer to put the tires and rims inside so that the trailer would fit on the pallet so that the trailer could be loaded on the truck for shipping. I agreed to pay for the trailer in full after I got the tracking number on those items that were missing. Well I never got any tracking number even after I contacted Chris with E-mails and phone calls. I finally ordered ordered the missing items from Adventure Trailer. After I got the slide for the frig and went to mount the slide inside of the trailer so that with the lid closed and the tailgate down the frig was supposed to be able to slide in and out of the trailer with the lid closed so that I would not have to open it. Well it does not work. I had told Chris what I wanted to do with the slide and the frig and he advised me that I would need to order a three inch taller tub, which I did but when you put the frig on the slide it does not clear the tailgate and the raised lip of the trailer. I called Chris and ask him if he had an ideas on how to fix this problem. He responded that he was working on a fix but that was all he told me. At this point I still owed Chris the remainder to the balance. The next contact that I had from Chris was that I was passed due and that he was going to take me to collection agency if I did not pay him. I had made several attempts to get either the items that we ordered or a new invoice removing the items for the balance. In the end we paid him and the trailer is nice and seems well made. I have not gotten a chance to try it out yet due to the fact that I have used all my vacation time and we missed the camping season waiting for the trailer to be delivered.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Wow.....nice you got it.....sad in respect that it was so frustrating. Sad to watch what appeared to be talented craftsman implode a business that had a future. Good for AT & others.
Springs not that far away! You can bring up to snuff while you wait.:):)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
The next contact that I had from Chris was that I was passed due and that he was going to take me to collection agency if I did not pay him. I had made several attempts to get either the items that we ordered or a new invoice removing the items for the balance. In the end we paid him

Why in the hell do youpay for something not correct. You just helped him to stay in business and screw over another person. If he did not get paid when he failed to provide what he promised he would go away.

I am yet to see anyone get exactly what was promised or on time yet eveyone pays and enables him to repeat the cycle.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Why in the hell do youpay for something not correct. You just helped him to stay in business and screw over another person. If he did not get paid when he failed to provide what he promised he would go away.

I am yet to see anyone get exactly what was promised or on time yet eveyone pays and enables him to repeat the cycle.

I certainly agree 100% but everyone does it I think they're scared of a bad credit report. Why do so many folks pay him anything more then deposit?
Why did So many folks defend him? Yet they are strangely quiet now.:D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Maybe it's just me , but it seems he has time to communicate when he is owed money. Very telling indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger