Who tows with a diesel Colorado ?

Clutch

<---Pass
Yep. Wife needed a executive level ride that was also quiet enough to take calls on the road. The big win was the HOV lane sticker. Oh and $7000 in tax credit back ;-). I hate leaving free gov money on the table. Ha ha

*thumbs-up*

Ohhh. I am trying to be like Twinstick (to kinda steer this thread somewhat back on topic, if at all ;) )....trying to retire early so I no longer have to commute, and worry about gas mileage... which means I try to spend as little money as possible. Got super lucky with that Trooper, damn thing fell into my lap. Wasn't looking or anything...was going to try and do the Dave Ramsey $2500 commuter car thing...but got to save $2499. :D

The thought is, when the Tacoma finally dies, buy a new cheap truck, let her do her 1.5 mile round trip commute, then I use it only for hauling the dirt bikes and camping on the weekends to keep the miles low. And I use the Trooper as my commuter until it dies. It is kinda like driving a couch down the freeway.

Silverado08

Observer
Mine is the (over?) complexity of modern diesels.

I've always liked the European approach of smaller displacement Tdi. I've driven my VW 1.9L 250k miles since 2003, still my DD and I still love it. But in researching the newer diesel technologies I'm a little put-off. As Comanche Scott said, it will be interesting to see where all this goes. I see a little more room for gas to evolve and plenty of room for diesel to devolve (based on all the emissions hurdles).

I just can't put money toward this GM product with any expectation to still be driving it 15 years on.
Ive put about 300K on my 200O GMC gas pickup without any major problems..
my 08 Silvy most expensive repair was one airbag sensor to the tune of 160$..
Never had diesel bc the cost of that engine doesnt justify it unless one drives 100k a year and or puls heavy loads.,
My TC is about 1500lbs and very aerodynamic so I can cruise at hihgway speeds with motor turning 1600rpm..
No need for diesel at all,,
If I was pulling a trailer Id make sure to buy one that is not only light but also very aerodynamicaly streamlined such as Airstream or Casita etc..

Streamlined design not only improves mileage but can easily run at much higher speeds,not that anyone camper
Would need to do so, :) still,its interesting to see how fast a most advanced streamlined train for example can move..
https://youtu.be/9cm_z5RFtR4

Btw keep and enjoy your diesel,,
VW wont be seling anymore diesels in the US because they got caught cheating

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal

Last edited:

Marine

Adventurer
*thumbs-up*

Ohhh. I am trying to be like Twinstick (to kinda steer this thread somewhat back on topic, if at all ;) )....trying to retire early so I no longer have to commute, and worry about gas mileage... which means I try to spend as little money as possible. Got super lucky with that Trooper, damn thing fell into my lap. Wasn't looking or anything...was going to try and do the Dave Ramsey $2500 commuter car thing...but got to save $2499. :D

The thought is, when the Tacoma finally dies, buy a new cheap truck, let her do her 1.5 mile round trip commute, then I use it only for hauling the dirt bikes and camping on the weekends to keep the miles low. And I use the Trooper as my commuter until it dies. It is kinda like driving a couch down the freeway.

Ah yes my Dave mobile is a Ford Escape. Saving for a eco boost. Still on baby step two

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior