XP Camper

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I like the idea of a frame mount camper and Marc's design looks great, I'll be keeping an eye on it. I am considering a FWC my Defender 130 but am also open to a frame on design.

As an aside, why do some people spell out email addresses as you did at the end of your post? Always seemed like more work for the writer and more confusing for the reader.

Finatic Angler

Adventurer
If you put your full addy in a post it can be picked up by the spyders going through sites looking for them. It will result in that addy getting soaked.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Yep.

The outstanding stiffness of the Dodge hydroformed,boxed frame combined with a flatbed really adds to the longevity of any camper. The torsional twisting that any camper experiences is minimized. Case in point: my friend's got a '07 2500 Dodge CTD regcab w/3w supplied flatbed and a Phoenix brand camper. Even with the inferior build quallity of the Phoenix,the stable platform has allowed it to survive many tortuous Baja runs. Carli Suspension or Don Thuren can greatly enhance the handling both onroad and offroad with their expertise with minimal raising of the center of gravity. Marc's THE MAN!

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
can you use the hitch?

Looks like you'd need an extension.

What sort of towing capacity could you see from a cummins 3500 with a hitch extension?

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Marc's truck is a short bed, and would require a hitch extension.
There are proper ways to exend the hitch that would retain the vehicle's tow capacity, or at least very close to it.
And of course there are methods to extend the hitch to be useable, but not necessarily very safely...

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
I really like the design but the reason i'm going with a full sized and some sort of camper is for the towing capacity.

I'll be pulling 2 jeeps on a 30' trailer. around 12k lbs. Can superhitch manage this?

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I am anxiously awaiting his production versions and hoping one will wander up to the Edmonton area so I can get a good look at it in person. :D

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Or maybe Marc will have Production Unit #1 available for viewing at the Overland Expo.

I wouldn't know anything about that. :D
I wish I could get to the expo, but I can't make it happen this year. I may try next year, but it's a bit of a drive for an event that only lasts a long weekend.

Nimbl Vehicles

Freedom to Roam
Expo

Hope everybody had a fun time at the Overland Expo.
It was really great to meet so many of you in person.

I appreciate all the feed back I got from you guys and some of those ideas will be indeed incorporated.

A lot of you had fun with the Hammer test; but please; don't try it at home.
It was a sacrifice piece we cut out from the roof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman