XP Camper

Nimbl Vehicles

Freedom to Roam
shell only

Please sell just the shells too Marc!! I think you would find there is market for em!! :smiley_drive:

You got it :victory:
There might be some limitations of where you can mount stuff and the windows, doors and skylights all have to be in the shell model.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Here are a couple of photographs of the XP Camper on the Pismo Dunes. It was really cool seeing Marc enjoying the dunes. This XP Camper went everywhere.

DSC_3254.jpg

DSC_3255.jpg

DSC_3268.jpg

Octamog

Observer
I exchanged email messages with Marc last week. He is currently building the 1st production XP at an undisclosed location in N. CA. :snorkel:

I'm sure he'd be more than happy to talk to you about specifics -- his email address can be found on his website (xpcamper.com).

Ironduff

Observer

EDIT: I think I found them : Lynx Levelers Those really do look handy.

Responding a bit late, but...... I've used them for the past 6+ years under various small RV's. They're very good, but not perfect. They tend to sink in and /or plug up when used in soft dirt or mud. The lower edges can get deformed to where they won't interlock when used on rocky stuff (fixable with a razor knife). Both problems can mostly be solved by also carrying various sizes of plywood to put down first. They also sometimes slide as you try to drive up onto them on pavement.

But yeah, they're handy... and much lighter for transport than a stack of 2-by lumber. I've painted a few black so they blend in when curb-camping.

Jim H.

dzzz

I exchanged email messages with Marc last week. He is currently building the 1st production XP at an undisclosed location in N. CA. :snorkel:

I'm sure he'd be more than happy to talk to you about specifics -- his email address can be found on his website (xpcamper.com).

Congrats to whoever bought #1

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader

I'm not going to bug him, that would just taker time away from the production process. ;)

I'm just waiting on truly public info anyways, solid release dates, pricing lists, availability and build times etc.
I'm also interested in how well his initial sales go on these campers --> hopefully VERY well!
If sales go well, then by the time I'm looking to buy one (in about 2-3 years) the cost may have fallen a bit for me. :D

haven

Expedition Leader
XPCamper update

Marc Wassmann, developer of the XPCamper, recently emailed an update describing his progress.

Marc has travelled 25,000 miles in his prototype camper. He has lived in the camper daily for the past three months. This extensive testing has helped Marc improve the camper. There is a new mechanism with wireless remote to raise and lower the pop top. The interior foam insulation is now cut by a CNC machine to improve its fit. The camper electric charging system is updated. Marc has added a grab handle by the camper door that telescopes up and down with the power top. Several cosmetic changes were made as well.

Marc is building a second XPCamper now. If all goes well, Marc intends to start production. Pricing and the delivery schedule will be announced shortly.

While not building the next XPCamper, Marc is updating his web pages. He should be finished soon. For now, the site is ""under construction."

To receive updates about the XPCamper, send email to "marc at xpcamper dotcom" (read this out loud if the address isn't clear), and ask to be added to the mailing list.

Chip Haven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger