For Sale - 1997 Mitsubishi Canter 4X4 - $35K CAD ($25K USD)

Last week before I store it for the winter. If you are interested, let me know before the end of this week or you'll have to wait until next Spring.
Since I don't have a parking spot for the truck, I have to store it for the winter. It will be looked after, plugged in, run every other week for about an hour on a backcountry road in the forest. I did that last winter and it was perfect. We actually camp twice in the truck last winter while visiting family, so fun! It was like having a bunky in the backyard.
I am very interested, can you reach out via phone or email? isaacreynolds1@gmail.com or 530 558-0200

Dragorandir

I'm not seeing many photos if interior. I’m 6’4” so I’m trying to understand the sleeping accommodations. Feel free to contact me direct. Martin.hawke@icloud.com. Thank you, Marty, California
Hi Martin, the current configuration for the bed is similar to most small size overlander (I have to emphasize this point, this is the short wheel base model, not your super large extra long camper), the dining table drops down and forms the bed.

The previous owner was 6'4'', he and his wife both fit in the bed. You sleep sideway, so tight fit for tall guys like you, both manageable. Also, have a look at the shared files on the Google drive, the previous owner planned to have a dropdown extension at the back to accommodate for a super size bed. He never got around completing that part of his project and I never needed it myself being 5'8'', the current bed was perfect for my wife and I.

Dragorandir

Absolutely! If I were in the market, I'd be checking into this vehicle 100%. I hope it works out for you!

-Scott
Never know, I will be removing the truck from the market this Friday if I don't receive an offer.
I have to go this weekend to my brother's cottage and winterize the truck and the cottage.
If anything, I will put it back up for sale early Spring.

Dragorandir

OK, cool! I SEE YOU GOT 'ER SOLD! AWESOME!

-Scott
Not sold.
I am winterizing it today (relocating further back to free the driveway, draining all water). It is my last weekend going to the cottage camping in the truck and will not be returning until Spring. As soon the first snow comes in, the access road becomes unaccessible. So no point keeping the add up if the truck is not driving out of where it is stored for the winter. My brother still goes at least once a week to enjoy his place, snowshoeing down there. He checks on the truck, makes sure to run it while clearing the snow from the truck and the cottage roof and driveway.

Not sold.
I am winterizing it today (relocating further back to free the driveway, draining all water). It is my last weekend going to the cottage camping in the truck and will not be returning until Spring. As soon the first snow comes in, the access road becomes unaccessible. So no point keeping the add up if the truck is not driving out of where it is stored for the winter. My brother still goes at least once a week to enjoy his place, snowshoeing down there. He checks on the truck, makes sure to run it while clearing the snow from the truck and the cottage roof and driveway.
Ah, gotcha. Well, sorry it didn't work out, this go 'round. (I'm really quite surprised, seeing some much pricier rigs selling. I've got both a 24ft trailer that's 80% converted as a RV and an E350 that's fully converted, neither of which I can get sold. I'm down to $12k on the van (1996 but with only 33k mi.), and the solar on it ALONE is worth $10k, less than a year old. Market it tough!)

Enjoy the last trip!!!

-Scott

Dragorandir

Ah, gotcha. Well, sorry it didn't work out, this go 'round. (I'm really quite surprised, seeing some much pricier rigs selling. I've got both a 24ft trailer that's 80% converted as a RV and an E350 that's fully converted, neither of which I can get sold. I'm down to $12k on the van (1996 but with only 33k mi.), and the solar on it ALONE is worth $10k, less than a year old. Market it tough!)

Enjoy the last trip!!!

-Scott
I only put it back up for sale for a few weeks, not the prime time of the year, people probably get the bug to buy in the spring or early summer. I figured I would give it a go since there wasn't much on the market and since I'm not into the profiteering business, I left the price as is, didn't inflate it like so many others. Personal choice based on my own life principles, to each his own, I simply hoped to make someone happy to get a great rig for the right price.
It's all good, it financially doesn't hurt me, it's fully paid; just renewed the insurance on it last September for a full year; I used it all summer for camping. I see it has a free cottage on wheel and an extra reason to go visit family.
But like everyone else, selling it would be nice to help me move on to the next project.
For now, enjoying life one day at a time!

Thanks for your good words and support Scott!

I only put it back up for sale for a few weeks, not the prime time of the year, people probably get the bug to buy in the spring or early summer. I figured I would give it a go since there wasn't much on the market and since I'm not into the profiteering business, I left the price as is, didn't inflate it like so many others. Personal choice based on my own life principles, to each his own, I simply hoped to make someone happy to get a great rig for the right price.
It's all good, it financially doesn't hurt me, it's fully paid; just renewed the insurance on it last September for a full year; I used it all summer for camping. I see it has a free cottage on wheel and an extra reason to go visit family.
But like everyone else, selling it would be nice to help me move on to the next project.
For now, enjoying life one day at a time!

Thanks for your good words and support Scott!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I suspect the right person will come along, so to speak, at the right time, and you'll get 'er sold to someone who will make full use of the vehicle.

You're welcome - was my pleasure!

-Scott

Dragorandir

The truck is back on the market!

I reduced the price to be fair to the next owner as the canvas has finally gave up. I used it all of last summer up until the first snow. The canvas was too old, dry and brittle and could not withstand the last wind storm. It was already patchy, now it definitely needs to be replaced.

I will not be using the truck this year, I have other commitments and no time to work on the truck. Leaving it to the next owner to upgrade it as they will see fit. I have seen a lot of rig going for the hard panels instead of the canvas; would be very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger