05 Tacoma - Heavily Modified

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Sorry, I honestly didn't mean to upset you.

Whaaaaaaaa!

I tried to convince my dad to sell his Tahoe and get this as he loves my brothers 06 quad cab. Why did you swap the rear to a ford 9"? And because I could is not a valid answer.

Aaron

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Whaaaaaaaa!

I tried to convince my dad to sell his Tahoe and get this as he loves my brothers 06 quad cab. Why did you swap the rear to a ford 9"? And because I could is not a valid answer.

Aaron

If I weren't very tired from cutting on my truck I'd place the link here:
To a thread on TTORA where he had one or was it two rear ends fail. So, off to old faithful he went with a 9". Gosh I love cells truck. Aw shucks. My truck gets jealous if she hears me talk like this.

oops...
Bumped it.

cell4soul

Adventurer
Whaaaaaaaa!

Aaron

ttora4runner has the correct link and answer to your question. I only blew one ring and pinion, but through research found that it was a common occurence on the 05+ with the 8" rear end ( TRD Off road, sports have the 8.4" rear end). So, to avoid future problems I went with the Ford 9".

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Does anyone read the thread before asking question?

The answer was in post #13 of this thread.

Good luck with the sell

Does anyone post needlessly just to get a jab in? Yes I remeber hearing about this and it wasn't only the 05's, as far as I knew it was still an issue up to 07 with the locked version (TRD OFFROAD) and thats what prompted me to make certain my brother bought the 06 (TRD SPORT). And again I hope someone picks this up soon otherwise you'll be living out of it stealing old cookies and pastries from Starbucks dumpster and using there wi-fi. Which reminds me I have a RTT for sale if you see yourself living off the grid.

Aaron

cell4soul

Adventurer
Can't we all just get along? JK, I'm actually thankful this sight doesn't get all the needless jabbing that other forums get.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I know I kid I kid, Cell I'm trying to push this thing on my end "so your looking for a Tacoma....I know of one..."

Aaron

cell4soul

Adventurer
I was under the impression that you had sold this truck...
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126385

If so, glad to hear.. :victory:

I did, but his bank had a limitation on how many miles the vehicle he purchased could have, so no deal. It's the 3rd time it's been sold and had something go wrong with completing the transaction....starting to wander if I am even meant to sell it. If I wasn't putting 125 miles a day on the truck and didn't need the money, I wouldn't even try.....but that's not the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven