05 Tacoma - Heavily Modified

lqhikers

Adventurer
long time no sale?

cell4soul,just my 2 cents worth you might consider taking the time to return to stock status,you would be surprised how many people are turned off by mods on trucks.I do not know your age but if i was looking for a truck and saw the pictures of your rig in action i would go on to the next truck unless i knew you and knew you drove your rig as i would.
I'm as guilty as every one as i always thought my ride was the best out there,took me years to realize what i thought meant nothing to someone buying what i was selling.
case in point i put my 2002 toyota up for sale when i bought a 2008,it was listed for 6 weeks with no firm offers,so i spent a long week end changing every thing back to stock,it sold in 10 days for close to what i was asking before,listed all parts on craigslist sold everything in about 20 days except for air bags ,came out ahead!(my labor does not count)
Just something to think about.
I still think you have a great rig,good luck on selling it.
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
LQHikers

cell4soul

Adventurer
cell4soul,just my 2 cents worth you might consider taking the time to return to stock status,you would be surprised how many people are turned off by mods on trucks.I do not know your age but if i was looking for a truck and saw the pictures of your rig in action i would go on to the next truck unless i knew you and knew you drove your rig as i would.
I'm as guilty as every one as i always thought my ride was the best out there,took me years to realize what i thought meant nothing to someone buying what i was selling.
case in point i put my 2002 toyota up for sale when i bought a 2008,it was listed for 6 weeks with no firm offers,so i spent a long week end changing every thing back to stock,it sold in 10 days for close to what i was asking before,listed all parts on craigslist sold everything in about 20 days except for air bags ,came out ahead!(my labor does not count)
Just something to think about.
I still think you have a great rig,good luck on selling it.
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
LQHikers

Somebody else recommended that as well. The truck is way too far from stock do that though. Like the Ford 9" Rear End, ARB Lockers, Regearing (could you imagine 4.56 gears with stock tires). Too many of the upgrades are unable to be returned to stock (without a tremendous amount of labor). That's not even the biggest reason I don't want to part it out. The truck is great the way it is, if I don't sell it, I won't loose any sleep over it. I still have never listed it for sale other than this and one other off road forum. I think the biggest reason it hasn't sold is the current economy. If the truck sales, great..... If it doesn't sell, great.

cell4soul

Adventurer
OK, a little update. My truck has just had a major service done. I've replaced all fluids in the vehicle including: Oil, both differentials, transfer case, transmission and engine coolant. It also has new spark plugs, air cleaner, wiper blades and a fresh tire rotation. The truck will not need any major expenses or services for a while now.

Oh yeah, it doesn't need it, but I am going to put new brake pads on all four corners as well.

This truck is a steal for the right buyer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven