06 4runner 4wd light flashing

TACTICALJEEP

Observer
yeah man...list on the aftermarket was 1230.00...hurts even worse knowing its full of r/c car motors and a bunch of little plastic gears.

I did get it racked up tonight and pulled the driveshafts. ? I'll pull the case in the morning.

when yall take the case out, do ya'll drop the exhaust and the cross member? Mitchells says 6.4 hours to R and R....I'm thinking it'll slip right on out without taking them down.

Last edited:

TACTICALJEEP

Observer
yeah, I saw that thread Drunner. Difference is, he had the foresight to mark the encoder gear in it's relation to the case. and he only dissasembled the "shallow" portion gear set. its all irrelivant anyway because in order for me to rebuild the "deep" gear set, i'd still have to split the transfer case in order to remove the shallow shaft so I could remove the bottom assemby outside of the case. The case was getting split regardless.

bkg

Explorer
You would have been money ahread to buy a used case. I’ve been in your position before - having to try and fix the actuator. Talked to Toyota service and they quoted me $1200 to retime it since, according to them, it requires splitting the case... Used case cost me $275 with actuator,, iirc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater