120 Volt Outlets Confirmed! And 2.0 Kw

Scott Brady

Founder
I just got access to a production NAS Grenadier and can confirm that it has two 120volt outlets available as an option. One at the back of the center console, and a second in the rear load area in the jack cubby. The part that surprised my most was the 2000 watt output (20 amps) and that there are two outlets. It also looks like the NAS models have taller springs like the Africa variants, so it looks to be about an inch taller than the UK unit I am driving.
IMG_0171.jpegIMG_0170.jpeg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
This is great news. Glad to see more information coming out. Looking forward to your first hand experiences with the trip using the Grenadier.

luckyjoe

Adventurer
I just got access to a production NAS Grenadier ... It also looks like the NAS models have taller springs like the Africa variants, so it looks to be about an inch taller than the UK unit I am driving.
I would like to see more info on this. To date there are specific factory spring selections based on final vehicle specification, but not market-specific spring selections.

Screenshot 2023-09-01 113251.png
Screenshot 2023-09-01 113306.png

Spring rate source click here.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
I would like to see more info on this. To date there are specific factory spring selections based on final vehicle specification, but not market-specific spring selections.

View attachment 796525
View attachment 796526
That appears to have changed. It looks like all of the variants are higher now and fewer part numbers. I am working on getting the taller units installed on my Grenadier (which was one of the earliest production builds). The new Eibach 30mm springs also look perfect, as they also produce the factory units.

DPCU

You say: "The new Eibach 30mm springs also look perfect, as they also produce the factory units."

But I'd have thought it leaves the in a product wasteland ~ rather an expensive option if it's only going to get you 5mm over the new standard for two large markets.

Scott Brady

Founder
You say: "The new Eibach 30mm springs also look perfect, as they also produce the factory units."

But I'd have thought it leaves the in a product wasteland ~ rather an expensive option if it's only going to get you 5mm over the new standard for two large markets.
Agree. It would only apply for the units with the lower rate coils. The replacement Eibach appears to be a good solution for those with modest loads, yet still desiring the slightly taller ride height.
csm_Eibach-Pro-Lift-Kit-Ineos-Grenadier-E30-34-001-01-22__2__57bd5ce0fc.jpg

Ozarker

120 volts, can't wait for a water crossing, GFI works?

Think I'll stick with a 2000+ Watt Bluetti with 6 outlets and 2-12v dc outlets.

Something tells me it's not a good idea to run 120V wiring through a vehicle, just say'n....

😍 the Grenadier.....

NoDak

Something tells me it's not a good idea to run 120V wiring through a vehicle, just say'n....

😍 the Grenadier.....
I’m guessing it’s not on constantly. Like some Toyotas that have a factory inverter have a button the console to power it up I’d guess the switch for the inverter in the grenadier is on the ceiling mounted switch panel.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.

😍 the Grenadier.....
Hybrid vehicles often have higher voltage than that. Not sure how well they stand up to water crossing.

NoDak

Hybrid vehicles often have higher voltage than that. Not sure how well they stand up to water crossing.
Just watched a YouTube video of a Tesla driving through that city water crossing somewhere in the UK. Seemed to do a lot better than the ICE vehicles that attempted it and hydro locked.

Ozarker

Just watched a YouTube video of a Tesla driving through that city water crossing somewhere in the UK. Seemed to do a lot better than the ICE vehicles that attempted it and hydro locked.
ICE vehicles? What's an ICE Vehicle, is that like a freeze cone or an Immigration Customs Enforcement vehicle?

zimm

Expedition Leader

😍 the Grenadier.....
Then ignore that something. Like all engineering, it's materials and method that count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3