1971 IIA Dormobile

TravelinLight

Observer
I hear you on the work computer, no reason to lose a good job over something silly.

I got some more work on the Dormie, both items I hope I do not need next weekend. As I will be trying to take lots of back roads to the Expo I wanted some extra fuel on board. I like the look of the old Carawagons with the cans up front, so I plan on getting another one to match this one. I also added some recovery points for the front from OK Off-road. They have the plate steel backing plates on the backside of them.image.jpg

I bent some bar stock to make a bracket and used the mount for the apron to tie into the bumper. The holder has bolts to the bumper as well as the bracket. Feels pretty solid.

Sleam

Explorer
Looks beautiful Sean. I'll come find you at Expo if that's okay and talk Old Rovers with you. I'm not confident mine is up for the drive but my big brother is coming out from England to visit at the end of may and I'm going to make him check it all out for me! He has a 85 Defender over there and we both grew up with them so i'm hoping he can set me up right. If ever you want to meet up in Northern NM and Southern Colorado for a back roads camp trip with our landies and families, let me know,
s
2014-07-10 02.27.12.jpg

TravelinLight

Observer
Sarah,

Sounds great. I will be with 2 other Dormobiles so we should be easy to spot. (I know 5k or so vehicles) Anyway would love to chat about all things that leak 90wt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven