1973 Wagoneer - Full Size Camping Goodness

justcuz

Explorer
Looks good!
I remember many years ago the first time we did the Rubicon with Radial TA's in my buddy's flat fender.
We called them Gumby tires. We never, ever had any tires that had that kind of flexibility. If you ran bias ply tires today you'd think you were riding in Fred Flinstones car!
The biggest thing we had to get used to was the sidewalls taking a set when you went into turns.
I think every Jeep in the club borrowed them to try out and we even put them on my 74 F100 for a trip to Death Valley.

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
I can't wait to see what you think of the KO2s as well. I've been considering them for the next set of tires on my Waggy.

jpat30

Adventurer
Looks great. Good call on white letters out. I think you will be very happy with the performance of the new design.

trust

Adventurer
Doggone it man, all 53 pages and after about 3 I was missing my 83 Chief (3" and 33s)... and my various J10s......

Ican certainly understand the feelings about keeping it or letting it go, Im in the same boat with my 82 Scrambler, I enjoy it, I like to drive it, except up hill on the highway, but then I drive my 06 Dodge Cummins and its a a revelation to not be hot or cold, to not have to wear ear buds and muffs, to have power on the road.... But there is more than just tetnus that gets in your blood from these old jeeps....

Thanks for sharing with us,

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Doggone it man, all 53 pages and after about 3 I was missing my 83 Chief (3" and 33s)... and my various J10s......

Ican certainly understand the feelings about keeping it or letting it go, Im in the same boat with my 82 Scrambler, I enjoy it, I like to drive it, except up hill on the highway, but then I drive my 06 Dodge Cummins and its a a revelation to not be hot or cold, to not have to wear ear buds and muffs, to have power on the road.... But there is more than just tetnus that gets in your blood from these old jeeps....

Thanks for sharing with us,

Most definitely agree with you. Ever since getting my little pickemup truck I have felt a little less negative feelings towards the jeep since I now own something modern and with (mostly) enough power and reliability.

Maybe the jeep heard my complaints and thoughts about getting rid of it because as of late it's been running well, and i have taken it on several long trips. Since moving to Reno I probably have put triple the mileage I would have done in vegas. 450 miles TO Reno, 200 miles to auburn and back, 300 miles to placerville and back, 500 miles to mammoth and back, dozens of miles in the dirt around town just exploring. I'm lovin' it up here and so is the jeep!

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Looks great. Good call on white letters out. I think you will be very happy with the performance of the new design.

White letters in but a nice set of hubcaps. Same as is on my Commando.

Thanks guys.

I had all black sidewalls with the KM2's and I was ready for the more classic look with the white letters out. Same as on our nova when it gets new BFG Radial T/A's. White out for that classic look!

trust

Adventurer
Most definitely agree with you. Ever since getting my little pickemup truck I have felt a little less negative feelings towards the jeep since I now own something modern and with (mostly) enough power and reliability.

Maybe the jeep heard my complaints and thoughts about getting rid of it because as of late it's been running well, and i have taken it on several long trips. Since moving to Reno I probably have put triple the mileage I would have done in vegas. 450 miles TO Reno, 200 miles to auburn and back, 300 miles to placerville and back, 500 miles to mammoth and back, dozens of miles in the dirt around town just exploring. I'm lovin' it up here and so is the jeep!

I hear you on the sibling rivalry, I just hope my CJ will get from Santa Fe to Laughlin NV, the Mojave Road, Death Valley, Las Vegas and back via Denver without mishap, or getting in a snit and making me walk....

Id love to see how your steering wheel turned out with the paracord braiding and get your thoughts, I think thats an inspired idea.

unkamonkey

Explorer
I wish I had a picture of that dumptruck with the white lettered tires. He probably could have me laughing from four cars back.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
I hear you on the sibling rivalry, I just hope my CJ will get from Santa Fe to Laughlin NV, the Mojave Road, Death Valley, Las Vegas and back via Denver without mishap, or getting in a snit and making me walk....

Id love to see how your steering wheel turned out with the paracord braiding and get your thoughts, I think thats an inspired idea.

I still never finished the paracord lol. At this point I'll have to remove it and start fresh since its got a few years of hand grime on it. Maybe I'll order a few hanks of 550 and do that....

verdesardog

Explorer
My first 4x4 was an even older one than that, had an amc v8, auto trans and auto locking warn hubs and a hand cranked rear window. I took that beast places that I couldn't even walk. Nice vehicle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
havanother