1973 Wagoneer - Full Size Camping Goodness

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Ok nice blue truck and all....but let's get back to that high quality old iron :)
I love my 70 Burb more every day and always enjoy stopping by this thread to see what you have been up to with your classic.

Keep on traveling and posting so more people will save these rides.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Well not much happening with it due to need for new tires. I don't much feel like towing the camper with it or taking it on longer highway drives with the tires as is.

Sooner or later we will get it some new shoes :)

Had the camper out this weekend to eldorado national forest, at Union valley reservoir.

unabashedpraise

Adventurer
Continuing to live vicariously through your posts. Maybe one day I'll have one. Nice pics.

I picked up some cooper at3's on labor day from discount tire. After price match, and three different rebates, i walked out with $77 a tire, mounted and balanced with certificates. They are smaller than your 33's, 265/75r16, but muuuuuch cheaper than anything i could find.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Well. They were on sale so I broke down and ordered a set of BFG AT KO2's for the wag today. Hopefully can pick em up and get em mounted in the coming week or so.

justcuz

Explorer
I always wondered about the viewing of the air races from different locations. Do they have any restricted areas under the flight path of the race? I'm sure some of it flies over private land so how does that work? I would really enjoy watching them from an elevated site like that.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
There were a few roads on the side of the airport I was on that were blocked off and they had a few sheriff's department volunteers patroling the area and directing people but it wasn't even direction so much as "watch out for the areas that are roped off and be careful because there are families with kids up there"

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Nice! Let us know how the KO2's preform when you get to use them for the first time!

Will do. I have a light wheeling trip planned either this Sunday or the next Sunday for certain, which will also involve a 300 mile road trip. Should be able to give the full report in a few weeks.

Just today they were already infinitely better on the highway than my haggard old muds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp