1973 Wagoneer - Full Size Camping Goodness

Zeep

Adventurer
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little! Just kidding.
Maybe painted hammer tone silver, would help it blend in.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Meh. I think its a shame to cover up one of the least common grills. The Cheese grater with the wrap around corner markers was only available from 1970 to 1973, and only on wagoneers, no j trucks or cherokees ever had them.

BST4227B

This is one of the best threads I've seen on here. I was born and raised in Vegas and my first "car" was a 69 Wagoneer, add in the places you have been with your Jeep and I'm home sick now.......but the PBR.....I just don't know what to say about that except that's its not Coors Light.....LOL

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
but the PBR.....I just don't know what to say about that except that's its not Coors Light.....LOL

there's a time and a place for all beers.

except for coors light.

About to hop in the wag for a 600 mile round trip to the 17th annual Legendary Boonville Beer Festival.

pyrate

Rollin' along
There used to be a 4x4 rally of "original" pre-1980's in the west that my great uncle used to attend w/ his Bronco. I can't seem to find any information on it but if it's still out there, I bet that group would love to see your Wagoneer. As to "original", I remember it had to be a carb'd vehicle w/o major modifications (huge lifts etc).

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
2 weeks ago I was working on the wag with the garage door up. a lady pulled into my driveway and asked "is that a wagoneer?" I said yes, she asked "do you have interest in getting another?" I said "maybe, it depends I guess whats up?" She explained she had a 1974 that belonged to her father just sitting in the yard for 15 years. and said "You can have it, i was just going to donate it, but its yours if you can use it"

Long story short it got parked when the gas tank sprung a leak, and there it sat. It was bought and stayed in reno its entire life in their family. She was a little emotional when it rolled away, and her 90 year old mother was there to say goodbye to it as well. They were super happy that it was going to somebody that could either revive it, or use it to keep their, and other peoples, jeeps alive and on the road.

So, yeah. This happened.

(coasting)

Yeah, entire harness has been eaten.

the cool part:

Last edited:

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Wow. I should be so lucky.

So lucky to inherit what is sure to be an insane amount of money and headaches if I decide to do anything other than part it? Lol! If this thing causes me even a fraction of the frustration that mine does it'll probably drive me off the deep end haha

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
So, its all there, inside and out, the typical rear fender rust on one side but otherwise pretty damn solid. As mentioned wiring is trashed from pack rats, so are brake lines, vaccum lines, heater hoses, etc. Interior is there, seats are torn a bit, carpet is actually half way decent, the door panels are decent, headliner is in pretty decent shape with a little bit of sag. Not sure what plans will be, if it gets parted, if I try to rewire and get it fired, or if I'm feeling ridiculously motivated and try to get it moving. No rush. If it gets parted it'll be great to use doors hood, fenders, etc for my jeep since mine are kind of wavy.

anyway, i;m excited to have rescued it from a field and i'm feeling good that the previous owners were super happy to see it hauled off by a bunch of FSJ nuts! We'll see what the future holds for the Copper Queen haha

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
Yeah, good for you!. A text book widow owned "barn find" (sans the barn). Were they the original owners from '74?

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Yeah, good for you!. A text book widow owned "barn find" (sans the barn). Were they the original owners from '74?

Yup! TechnicAlly it was owned by the daughter but her dad bought it new and her mom was there to say farewell.

It was purchased in November 1973 at Cal-Vada jeep, and was proudcEd in October 1973, only 8 months younger than my 1973.

Those papers from the dealership include the original sales receipts and the original receipt from the DMV for registering it.

unkamonkey

Explorer
I wish I could be so unlucky to have something like that fall in my lap. It might not be the most fun thing to do but it really should be saved and if nothing else passed on to somebody that can grow to love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp