1975 F250 Highboy Crewcab 4x4 Project

sokoloka

After a lull in the action ...

Progress beings! First build stage is get this thing moving under it's own power for the first time in who knows how long. Locked 360FE/C6 combo got yanked and have a running 360FE/rebuilt C6 combo that's getting dropped right back in until I decide on a future drivetrain swap.

toddz69

Explorer

There isn't a Highboy out there that hasn't had a chain wrapped around the front leaf mount crossmember so had a fully boxed one fabricated with recovery points to swap back in while the front end was apart for the engine swap.
Is that a commonly available aftermarket part or did you fab it yourself?

Thanks,
Todd Z.

sokoloka

53143618974_f35dc477b6_k.jpg

We have positive engine stabbage! 360FE takeout from another truck, next is getting the C6 trans off to the rebuilder and going through all three driveshafts.

nickw

Adventurer
52697669808_9e1c8454e4_k.jpg

Depending how frisky I get, may eventually end up with a 7.3L Godzilla & 10spd swap, just like the tow rig has.
Absolutely love it - my first thought was 7.3 Godzilla swap then I scrolled down, 100% the right call. I'd (personally) leave a bit of patina on that sucker and deck out the engine bay/undercarriage/retro interior but you've got a a super cool rig there....two of them actually. Please report back and take pics as you restore.

sokoloka

Absolutely love it - my first thought was 7.3 Godzilla swap then I scrolled down, 100% the right call. I'd (personally) leave a bit of patina on that sucker and deck out the engine bay/undercarriage/retro interior but you've got a a super cool rig there....two of them actually. Please report back and take pics as you restore.

100%! I'm a patina lover myself, this will be a multi stage build but end goal is for mechanically perfect underneath with some rusty crusty to go all around up top. Toying with getting it registered over the weekend as extra motivation to get it running under it's own power asap.

Thanks! He's got some nice products. I love seeing enthusiasts designing/selling as a side hustle - @Metcalf is another one here with a great storefront with some neat products.

Todd Z.

Absolutely. He's kind enough to store some of my other projects so he can have at them in terms of prototyping needs etc. Happy to see some of the work come to fruition!

ThundahBeagle

When I was a kid, my father had a '78 Ford F150. Or maybe it was and F100. They might have even been called Explorer back then. 2 wheel drive, 8 foot bed, single cab, metallic forest green. We logged a lot and beat the shiite out of that truck.

Not a Hight Boy by any stretch but that's what developed my appreciation for pickups. Except I gravitated towards 4x4 and Chevy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179