1983 Chevrolet K10 (Canadian)

arveetek

Adventurer
Its snowing today so I started to prep the ORD shackles.

Snowing?!?! That's crazy. Here in southern Missouri, we typically don't see any snow until December. Some winters we don't see much snow at all. The last two years we had just a few inches for the whole winter. This year may be another "wet" season, though.

Casey

Sponge

Adventurer
Snowing?!?! That's crazy. Here in southern Missouri, we typically don't see any snow until December. Some winters we don't see much snow at all. The last two years we had just a few inches for the whole winter. This year may be another "wet" season, though.

Casey

It's a bit early but not unheard of. The forecast says its going to be a long hard winter so this could be the start of it. We've had probably around 4" so far. Next weeks forecast is for temps around freezing and precipitation, not good, lots of crop still out in the fields.

Sponge

Adventurer
Transtar seal kit for the Turbo 350 showed up today. ($40.37US from ebay). Still waiting for the new pan that was lost in transit.

Turbo 350 Ratios: NP Ratios:
First:2.52. High:1.00:1
Second:1.52. Low:2.61:1
Third:1
Reverse:1.93

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

rotti

Adventurer
Hello all,
What I started with was an 1983 Chevrolet K10. The truck was actually rougher than I thought and I knew it was bad to begin

Ahh... you should've bought my 83 K20.
Great truck, had it for 30 some years and I still regret selling it.

3ieNQTc.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thats some really nice looking old Chevy iron displayed here. Thanks for posting guys. Your trucks look great!:drool:

Last edited:

Sponge

Adventurer
Ahh... you should've bought my 83 K20.
Great truck, had it for 30 some years and I still regret selling it.

3ieNQTc.jpg

That's pretty clean looking!

The reason I like mine is because it is kinda rough, I'm not scared to beat on it. I've never had a vehicle like that and its kinda fun!

Sponge

Adventurer
Sold the S.F. For $60 and bought a Full Floater for $250.
The Cerwin Vega 4x10 speakers from ebay showed up today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 43

Sponge

Adventurer
Need to order 5/8x 3x 91/2 u bolts. These ones are too small.
In the time it took me to grab a tape measure from the house a fine young teenager had borrowed the pictured u-bolt, which had been left just under the truck, and was walking down the alley with it. I hope him and his little buddy felt shame when I asked them to return it....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 41

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Need to order 5/8x 3x 91/2 u bolts. These ones are too small.
In the time it took me to grab a tape measure from the house a fine young teenager had borrowed the pictured u-bolt, which had been left just under the truck, and was walking down the alley with it. I hope him and his little buddy felt shame when I asked them to return it....

Too bad you dont live in the lower mainland. My buddy Rick at Chilliwak Spring service makes them made to measure to your specs..:wings:

RedF

Adventurer
Kal Spring in Red Deer makes U bolts.

I would have told that kid he's gonna look awful funny walking with that U bolt shoved up his you-know-where.

Sponge

Adventurer
Kal Spring in Red Deer makes U bolts.

I would have told that kid he's gonna look awful funny walking with that U bolt shoved up his you-know-where.

Yeah I'll have to stop by Karl-tire next weekend.

I had a few choice words for the little brats, it only resulted in the truck getting egged later that night. In other news my new solar powered motion lights are pretty impressive!!!

Sponge

Adventurer
Installed the center dash 4x10 speaker and wired.
Removed the hidden hitch in preparation for the reverse shackle mounts probably going to have to chop some exhaust off also. I'm going to have to find a hitch that mounts to the outside of the frame or modify this one when the time comes.
In the picture the two rivets hold the stock shackle mount, the bolt is one of six bolts holding the hitch on and on the far right is an exhaust hanger.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 39

Sponge

Adventurer
Two questions for somebody more familiar with the board:
1) Why are my pictures now turning up as thumbnails?
2) Is there away to print the thread off with the pictures?

THANKS

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Yeah I'll have to stop by Karl-tire next weekend.

I had a few choice words for the little brats, it only resulted in the truck getting egged later that night. In other news my new solar powered motion lights are pretty impressive!!!

Bend him over your knee and give him a whipping...:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk