1992 HDJ81 Landcruiser - Expedition Ready, Custom Pop Top Camper - $17,500 USD

FraserTLC

Custom expedition camper, ready for an adventure. (I'll add more photos in the next day or two).
Drove from Victoria to Baja and through mainland mexico in 2014, where the only issue was to replace a 5 year old battery.
Truck is a tight, reliable, and smoothly operating in excellent, well-taken-care-of, condition.
----
Check out website with build photos:
https://deltakrow.wordpress.com/
Videos of roof and interior posted here and here: https://youtu.be/iy0Wn1b8aQ4
https://youtu.be/MbmERsZIV18

Pop top with double sleep platform up top.
Custom camper setup in the back.
130k miles (+/-)
UK truck imported to Canada, by me, when I was in military. Right Hand Drive.
Purchased as stock truck by me in 2010.

Mechanical Upgrades:
ARB OME suspension lift (2.5")
ARB snorkel
ARB front bumper
Superwinch Rock98 competition winch with dyneeama line
Redtop optima battery
diff breathers
BEB bearings done in 2011.
Rear diff bearings replaced in 2013
Trans flushed in 2014.
injectors serviced 20,000k ago.
Allisport intercooler installed in 2011
Fuel Pump tuned by ATEB in Van in 2014
DEPO healights and tailights
LX450 rims (need recoating)
Toyo AT2 x 5 (32.5inch) (85-90% left)
3inch over the frame exhaust
OEM air filter
Wheel bearings done in 2013
Turbo and EGT gauges (2 1/4 inch) installed
and more.

Paint is in excellent condition. Decals can be removed with heat gun. Rims were painted black, and are starting to peel and need to be recoated or plastidippped. No rust on this vehicle.

CUSTOM WORK:
Custom fibreglass roof top and front wind fairing with integrated Rigid 10" LED light
Custom marine grade, honeycomb aluminum panel, sleeping platform
Custom waterproof fabric sleeper walls (made by local expedition tent manufacturer). Rain covers panels roll-up and reveal mesh breathable screens on back and sides of fabric .
Custom aluminum roof reinforcement tied into vertical pillars
Custom storage cabinets made from airline trolley and aluminum box storage (benches)
Integrated Viair Heavy Duty air compressor
Custom in-dash ipad mini navigation / entertainment system
Custom rear tailgate storage mod
Sony xplod radio with handsfree and sony app for smart phone
Integrated RHINO roof rack and rails
Metal ammo box storage under vehicle for keys and emergency items.
And many many more items and maintenance completed.

The bad:
Needs a few cosmetic pieces (some rusty bolts need replaced with stainless on winch fairing, etc).
Rear windows need new rubber and to be re-hooked up.
AC is out of service and I didn't re-fill, since I don't use AC. New pulley bearing required and new charge of freeon and leak test needed.

This truck is my baby....well - it was my baby, until we had a baby. Now it should be going on expeditions with some other adventure family. It's an amazing rig and I'm only selling it since it's set up as a two seater at the moment, and I would have to convert it back to a 4 seater in order to use for family outings. I still have all the original interior rear seats and other items, which come with the truck.

Not sure if I'll include the Packasport roof box yet. Note - LEDs on bumber are u/s and the truck will be sold with single LED light bar on roof and depot replacement headlights only.

The truck was built to drive to south america and back and I would happily take this rig on any adventure. it's ready to go, with a few cosmetic things to fix, but overall - it's strong as an ox, and mechanically sound, and quite possibly, the most ideal off-road live-aboard for the dollar.

I will consider reasonable offers. No low-ballers please. Serious considerations only.
I'm located in Victoria, and can show the vehicle here to any interested parties.
View attachment 362748
00505_cLaDLil2uOf_1200x900.jpg
00R0R_f9Z3ZaGdNUd_1200x900.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1869.jpg
    IMG_1869.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 00L0L_dZbTgKEKt7E_1200x900.jpg
    00L0L_dZbTgKEKt7E_1200x900.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

k3vlar

I would love to just throw money at you, unfortunately I cannot for another year. Damn the 25 year rule

bj70_guy

Adventurer
Congrats - did it stay local or is it migrating south?
Wondering if it's going to show up at a Coastal Cruiser meeting...

60toyetero

Adventurer
I would love to just throw money at you, unfortunately I cannot for another year. Damn the 25 year rule

just the month of fabrication maybe it was 1/1992 and could have waited only 3 months...i hope is coming south that thing was sweet!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven