1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
does it bolt up to the auto tranny in the 5.2L?

what vehicle do i need to get one out of?

thanks

i've finally got a day off, so i'm going to go out to the junkyard and look for a tcase tomorrow

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Don't forget to snag the transfer case indicator on the console so that you know what setting the transfer case is in.

If you can, snag a case from a MY07+. They changed the gear tooth shape around the time of the OBD-II transition. It is more efficient. It doesn't really matter though - not like you'd really notice it. Get what you can get depending on what is available.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
i found two ZJ's in my friends junkyard with the I6 and the part time transfer-case.

is this a direct swap for my V8?

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
found the OME lift kit in HD form. but it only gives .75" of lift. i don't think that'll work for me.

OMEZJ8CYLHK

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
i found two ZJ's in my friends junkyard with the I6 and the part time transfer-case.

is this a direct swap for my V8?

I haven't done it - haven't seen it done.

Jeep NV t-cases of this vintage all share the same bolt pattern. Sometimes the transfer input shaft may have a different depth. I briefly scanned the article linked above, looks like they swapped the inputs to make it work. I'd expect this is what you need to do in a worst case scenario.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
getlost.. if the transfercase comes from a ZJ it's a bolt in, regardless of engine. They all have the same bolt pattern as mentioned and the same input gear length.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
awesome!:victory:

yesterday when i was in the junkyard i picked up 4 Alpine 6.5" S-Type speakers.

like these

resize

for $10:elkgrin:

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
learned a few things today. i noticed the other day my temp was fluctuating a lot. i went over a pass and stopped for a pee break. i came back steam was coming out from under the hood. i figured out mt radiator cap is shot. i filled it with some water out of a stream. made it home, tomorrow i'll get a new cap and flush the cooling system.

my cat is also broken up inside. i'll remedy that as well.

i'm also going to change out the spark plugs.

i've been getting about 18 mpg on the highway going 70 mph.

this truck is great. it has 133K miles on it.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
alright. we'll see how it goes today. i got an 18# radiator cap and installed it.

changed the spark plugs, took about 30 minutes to get the old crapions out and installed some new autolites.

i'm off the mountains to go do some hiking for the rest of the day. maybe i can get some action shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven