1995 Ford F250 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
If you have oil leaking down on the trans... trace it UP... its either the rear main, or the turbo o-rings

Chip... thats more of a personal thing.. I had a TS... had it reprogrammed, and viola... HAPPINESS.

Good look, I loved my 7.3s.....

Chase

Yes. I'd agree. If the valley between the heads is dry then the seals are OK. You may have to pressure wash the area clean of any old oil and then just keep an eye on it.

There is a weep hole at the back of the valley, oil will flow out through the weep hole and then down over the top of the engine and down over the front of the transmission. It looks like a classic main bearing seal leak, but it's not (hopefully).

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Ive got he same rig, but stock. So Ive got the TTB D50, not so tall, and stock sized treads. Flatbed though.

Ive been retrofitting this camper to fit the flatbed.

bell70.jpg

This vintage F250 is a GREAT platform. many will tell you that it is the last of the "real trucks". Simple, and tough as nails.

Ive got more than 250k miles on mine now, with no problems to write home about.

Be prepared to drop some coin for simple things like oil changes though. It will run you $60+ This beast takes 14qts of oil.

And tipping the scales at nearly 8k lbs, I rotate my tires every oil change. A bit of a hassle, but when you have $1k worth of Load E treads on it, it really helps tire wear.

Where do you live? Does it drop below freezing? If so, you will have to service the glow plug system if it hasnt been done in the last 50-75k miles or so. Glow plugs and Glow Plug relay is all that is involved.

Im assuming it has the automatic trans? If so, the model is a E40D 3-speed + overdrive. Very good autos actually, but they do have a service life of less than 100k miles. But keep them topped off with fluid, and they will perform great, unless you are pushing much more horsepower than stock.

As far as the turbo o-rings, if you are going to get into that, be sure to purchase the entire kit. I would hate to replace one leaky o-ring, when the one less than an inch away could fail just 5 miles later. there s a decent amount of labor involved, mostly laying face-down on the engine under the hood. :coffee:

matt s

Explorer

Nice rig. I was looking at the photo thinking that looks like Alaska. I would even venture to say Valley area. Then it dawned on me. Look at the plates dummy! Alaska sure enough. Welcome to the forum, good to see another Alaskan here. There are 3 or 4 of us that I have seen.

Ok highjack over. To the original poster, your truck is sweet. I too would drop it down some. It will handle better. I need to drop mine a couple of inches as well.

Last edited:

STANG302

Observer
Nice rig. I was looking at the photo thinking that looks like Alaska. I would even venture to say Valley area. Then it dawned on me. Look at the plates dummy! Alaska sure enough. Welcome to the forum, good to see another Alaskan here. There are 3 or 4 of us that I have seen.

Ok highjack over. To the original poster, your truck is sweet. I too would drop it down some. It will handle better.

Sorry, not from Alaska I'm over in WI. Just showing a few bumper options and how sweet the iron bull bumpers are. Wish I could pick up a set for my 04 F350.

And those ol' 7.3l's are tough. We have a 96 F450 with 260K or so and a 01 F350 with 320K miles. Both get the piss beat out of them being work trucks and take it and ask for more.

Rot Box

Explorer
Fwiw Diesel Power Magazine has been issuing a few upgrade tips with their 96 F350. The latest issue the preformed a fuel system upgrade its a worthwhile read for sure.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I agree with Metcalf. If you are going to lower the truck, stock springs and the Sky Offroad shackle reversal kit is the way best to go. I put a 3" version in my F350 cc and a buddy put the 5" version in his. I run 35s and he runs 37s. It is a great way to get clearance for tires and improve your ride at the same time. I don't have pics of his truck, but here are some of mine before and during our present 3 month and counting trip to the land of tacos and warm water surf!:sombrero:
PS... Love the truck and the color!!

Attachments

• DSC_0081.JPG
    DSC_0081.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC_0080.JPG
    DSC_0080.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC_0182.JPG
    DSC_0182.JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 533

Stan the Man

Adventurer
Not on most of the F250s I have seen, they usually all have the TTB D50 with leaf springs.

Solid fronts came with the diesel 250's. If it was a gasser, it got the ttb. Looks like a solid platform to start with.

I agree with Metcalf. If you are going to lower the truck, stock springs and the Sky Offroad shackle reversal kit is the way best to go. I put a 3" version in my F350 cc and a buddy put the 5" version in his. I run 35s and he runs 37s. It is a great way to get clearance for tires and improve your ride at the same time. I don't have pics of his truck, but here are some of mine before and during our present 3 month and counting trip to the land of tacos and warm water surf!:sombrero:
PS... Love the truck and the color!!

I would use RuffStuff Specialties over the Sky brackets. They are beefier and cheaper. Dan Fredrickson is the owner, he's local to me, and he knows his stuff. Do a search, give him a call, and while you're at it, order his diff covers.

As for bumpers, I would pass on the Iron Bull name. I'm pretty active in the Ford truck world and that guy didn't rub me the right way. If you can swing the cash, look at BroncoAir.com. Chris is a great guy out of CO and his products are top notch.

Or if you want to wait a little bit, you can check out my bumper that I'm working on and we could work something out for you. :ylsmoke:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Solid fronts came with the diesel 250's. If it was a gasser, it got the ttb. Looks like a solid platform to start with.

No, they did not.

ALL "OBS" F-250 Powerstrokes got the TTB. No exceptions.

The solid front axle int he powerstroke F250 didnt come stock until Ford started the "Super Duty" series.

ToaDisco

No, they did not.

The solid front axle int he powerstroke F250 didnt come stock until Ford started the "Super Duty" series.

X2. I had a 96' diesel F250 and had the TTB under mine as well.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
No, they did not.

I had the TTB front end in my '83 F250 HD diesel. I HATED that front end - nothing but alignment problems.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I really dont mind the TTB on my '96 F250

It rides like crap, but Ive never had any problems with it. Replace the ball joints every 50-75k and you will never have alignment problems. At least that is what I have found. My rig has more than 250k miles on it now, and the TTB setup has needed nothing but u-joints, and ball joints. No abnormal tire wear, but being such a heavy rig, I do rotate the tires every oil change.

Many do the solid axle swap, but for me it is really hard to justify the cost, as the TTB works just fine for what I need.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Most TTB & TIB related unusual tire wear is due to poor damping rather than alignment issues. Usually not enough rebound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad