1995 Ford F250 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
It looks to me like you will have tire rub as it sits. I would not be afaid to go back up a bit. I believe you had 8"s of lift and took it down to 2"s, correct? My thought is that 4-5"s and 37s are the perfect fit for these trucks. Mine is 3" lift and 35s and it is a tiny bit small:)

Rot Box

Explorer
I like where it sits now but I would bump it back up so you can run the trac bar if you can.

Good good! Can't wait to see more :sombrero:

UrbanCummin

Diesel Mechanic
What do you think guys, is this too low? With this height the track bar the truck came with doesn't fit anymore, also i see my d60 axle sits very close the the engine cross member, i don't think even a stock track bar would fit w/o a drop bracket, considering bumping it up an inch or so all the around, any input??

attachment.php

You WILL have massive rub with that set up, there is no wway those tires will tuck when turning with how close they sit to the fenders. I would go at least 2-3" smaller in tire.

psdfrank

Observer
ya if i could keep it like this, I would do some work on the fenders, I was actually planing to go one size bigger on the tires too.

I like the it way its now too, but I have to choose between lift it up an inch or so or relocating the trac bar some how not to mention the D60 axle sitting so close to the engine x-member.

psdfrank

Observer
raised the front back up a bit, added a safari rack to the truck bed...

attachment.php

a couple pics from a trip this weekend at joshua tree:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• f250-2.jpg
    f250-2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,637
  • jtree1.jpg
    jtree1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,661
  • jtree2.jpg
    jtree2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,641

KLAKEBRONCO

Adventurer
Nice truck.

Since nobody replied YES the kingpins will give you death wobble for sure.

I like the idea of keeping the truck low. I'm actually going to do a bunch of work to improve my Bronco's suspension to perform better, while maintaining stock height.
Aside from the better mileage in a lower truck, and better on-road manners, I also want to avoid all the "fixes" to make it 'right'. I'll avoid steering issues altogether which are the cause of many tire wear issues with TTB trucks. No drop pitman arm, no weird arcs traveled by the short side tie rod, no longer brake lines, no reduced slip joint engagement, no swaybar drop brackets or links, no blocks, the list goes on.

I'm going to trim my fenders at stock height to fit 35's. In doing so I'm going to square off the fender openings a bit, to look similar to the openings in the 80-86 trucks. Then add steel tube flat fender flares like some of the jeep guys use.

REALLY nice truck. Already looks nice, I'll be watching this thread for updates.

psdfrank

Observer
thanks for all the comments, i think the truck looks pretty awesome too :sombrero:

KLAKEBRONCO, i've learned quite a bit about axles and suspension when I swapped the lift kits, I actually found a fix for the death wobble over at pirate4x4. so what i did was i dropped a 1/4" washer in the upper kingpin housing (with the 4 bolts) to give it a bit more preload to that spring in there, so far so good!

anyway, got some more stuff coming up, i picked up a light bar w/ that safari rack, also got a cb and antennae, have some interior stuff to do too.

psdfrank

Observer
progress update..

mounted roof racks i bought used, they are from pep boys (highlander), cheap but seem pretty durable.

also got the light bar mounted, in this pic its just laying against the roof rack but I have it mounted and it can swing down in case I use the racks.

i plan on building my own "pop up" tent during the next couple months, not sure if i will put it on the roof or bed yet.

attachment.php

Also fyi, the way I mounted the cargo rack in the truck bed was I just bought a couple aluminum fence poles from hone depot and then just used U-bolts to mount to bed and rack, nice, cheap, and quick!

i still need to play around with the height in the front, its a little uneven side to side and my track bar is pushing the axle a bit out towards the passenger side, I think i will drill a new hole to the frame mount to push it over and take out a leaf or too, then trim the front fenders a bit.

Attachments

• f250-3.jpg
    f250-3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,496

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Frank, Truck looks good! I like the light bar! Keep up the good work. What are you thinking for your pop-up tent?

psdfrank

Observer
thnx Slo,

For the pop-up tent i'm planning to mimmick one of these sort of:
http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/maggiolina.php

but i'm going to make do a bit more such as maybe hard siding it and also having it pull out like a drawer, maybe even fold over the roof (thats if i end up mounting this thing above the safari rack).

I will construct it with aluminum fence poles for frame, insultation, some kind of plastic or fiberglass for the sides, tarp, and whatever hardware.

I'll try to use as much salvage parts as possible, as fence poles are everywhere and for the sides fiberglass like how picnic tables use etc.

864x4rv

Observer
Frank,

Very nice rig. I have 1996 F250 that I converted to solid axle recently and put on 37's. I have been building it slowly and I recently came back from a 10 day trip to baja. The solid axle performed very well on and off road. I will need an alignment soon. I also found the reunell winch bumper on Craigslist for $120. Since I've owned it, I added the camper shell, the lumber rack, the winch bumper, solid axle and in the camper shell I put in a sliding rack. The front sits about 1" higher than the rear because of the axle swap. The TTB is sitting in pieces in my trailer. I had to fabricate the brackets for the drag bar since the F250 did not come with these. I will try to upload some pictures soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 121

bftank

Explorer
better kingpin fixes, gets rid of the springs with a solid bushing

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/D60-Springless-Cap-Conversion-Kit_p_1693.html

http://www.cmperformancemachine.com/store/product.php?productid=16133&cat=249&page=1

adjustable trackbar

http://dunksperformance.com/ford-adjustable-panhard-bar-f350.html

if you wanted to you could get into a set of high steer arms with thicker tierods, ballistic and cm could probably help with the track bar too.

sweet rig! i had an '03 f350 cc lb with a leveling kit and 35's that looked about like that. rubbed occasionally, but not worth lifting higher. only rubbed when heavily articulated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad