1995 Ford F250 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

chasespeed

Explorer
Man, I wish I knew you needed the injector cups.... I coulda saved you some money.... I have 6 or 7 of them....

The removal tool, I made mine... not the best thing, but, not having the tool available, I had no choice.

Truck is looking great with that camper.... I wish I had another Powerstroke..... hey, wait, wanna trade for a Cummins?:sombrero:

Chase

psdfrank

Observer
Thanks for the comments, I didn't know much about trucks until after I bought mine but I'm lucky I ended up w/ what I got. I'd be happy w/ a cummins too.

Ya, that camper is in great shape, just need some cleaning, the vents on the top are smashed up and there is a very small tear in the driver side front corner. I'll need to resurface the sleeping area and work on the pop up function needs some fortifying seems kinda flimsy not too bad for a good deal.

So obviously my next mods will be w/ the camper and also interior and electronic stuff. Not sure what I can get done in the next month or two though.

Well i thought i would post a picture or two from my lake mohave trip:

attachment.php

Like i was saying I got sick of using my RTT because it was too small for me and my gf so I used my old trusty ground tent (the green one) that I bought like 10 years ago; a 3 pole dome tent made by wenzel, tall enough to stand in perfect size for us and my dog.

attachment.php

If any of you ever head out there we rented the jet ski's from this place http://endlesssummeradventuretours.com/ good price and service.

Attachments

• f250-laughlin.jpg
    f250-laughlin.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 981
  • mytent.jpg
    mytent.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 962
Last edited:

psdfrank

Observer
All right! I finished replacing my injector cups and just fired it up earlier today and runs much smoother than before. I haven't done a real road test yet to see if I get better MPG yet but I bet I will, fuel must have been leaking for a while from the looks of the worn out cup and I was getting probably around 12-15 mpg when I first got the truck sometimes as bad as 10mpg.

I'll post an update on that when I get some results. Also, I ran across some pretty helpful youtube video's on injector longevity for PSD's if anyone is interested. Has to do w/ changing the oil in the HPOP reservoir then throwing in some super lubricant called prolong. He's got some other real helpful stuff on his channel too. Here's the video link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A3H17qhcUQ"]YouTube - 7.3L LONGEVITY INJECTION TUNE UP 1 OF 4[/ame]

psdfrank

Observer
Update: so after doing my injector cups i do have a significant increase in gas mileage and performance. I have nothing to compare it too since I never owned a truck before or a diesel but its definitely way better than when I first bought it. Engine sounds like new!

Whats left to do is:
mount winch
hook up that light bar
new seats (i picked up some nice seats from the junk yard a while back)
build a center console
install ham and cb

For the camper:
Fridge works w/ 120v and propane. Need to try out the 12V souce. The wiring is little screwy and haven't got a chance to look at it.

Check out the heater, i think its only 120v not sure so i will need to figure some other kind of 12v or propane heating source.

The camper came w/ a twin size cab over bed. The cushion was trashed with mildew so I threw it out. Also, the roof had some funky Vegas like fabric on it glued to Masonite. I threw that out too and put up some nice light wood paneling. For the bed I build an extension to fit a queen size mattress out of pine. I scored a 2inch temperpedic type mattress from my friend for free a while back since he was moving and his room mate left it there. I also had to do some sanding and painting over the bed area since it smelled and had some mildew on it too. The couch bed need some fixing w/ a spring and screws so thats done.

I tested it out over in Malibu (Leo Carillo) and it was very nice. Felt like I was at home almost. I will take some interior photos and post them soon.

some camper photos:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• f250-camper1.jpg
    f250-camper1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 886
  • f250-camper2.jpg
    f250-camper2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 888
  • f250-camper3.jpg
    f250-camper3.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 891
  • f250-camper4.jpg
    f250-camper4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 889
  • f250-camper5.jpg
    f250-camper5.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 886
Last edited:

KTM500

new seats (i picked up some nice seats from the junk yard a while back)
build a center console

Frank,

Great job on the truck! I too own an OBS PSD and like you, really needed new seats. Last Saturday, I installed these:

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Last edited:

addicted56

Adventurer
Have you done anything new to your truck in the last few months? I was really enjoying this build and think I might take a couple of cues from it.

psdfrank

Observer
Have you done anything new to your truck in the last few months? I was really enjoying this build and think I might take a couple of cues from it.

Actually I haven't done much. In my last trip my rear drive shaft broke and just recently put a replacement in since I went camping the other weekend. But I did start to build a center console and install new seats and I have a winch that needs to be mounted. I'm also going to get those battery boxes that mount to the frame rail. I will update when I get some stuff done...

f250-redrock.jpg

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Hey Frank! Been a while since I've checked in here but the truck looks great! Your camper looks great as well. You defiantly have a FWC of AT camper. I just found myself another project as well. 1990 FWC. Just went through a full interior remodel. Let me know if you got questions. Hope its all going well!

PS.. GET SOME MORE PICTS UP HERE! haha :smiley_drive:

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
I love the body style, the motor (holy grail of Diesel), and the well thought out additions. Keep up the good work! :elkgrin:

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
Nice truck. I owned a 1990 non-turbo 7.3L 4x4 F250 for a while. Loved the truck, hated the TTB front end! My Dad has a 96 Powerstroke F-350 with over 500k on the original motor and turbo, but probably the 4th E4OD tranny... Probably one of my favorite bodystyles for any pickup!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad